What's new

Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Bullseye Flake - PToM Sep 2014 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Post your reviews here!

LUXURY BULLSEYE FLAKE
Brand: Peter Stokkebye
Blend Type: Virginia/Perique
Contents: Virginia, Perique, Black Cavendish
Flavoring: None
Cut: Curly Cut
Packaging: Bulk

"A blend of ripe Virginia tobacco spiced with pure Louisiana Perique. The center of mellow, fermented Black Cavendish serves in smoothing the general impression and rounding the taste."

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm wondering if one of the tobaccos I picked up at Leavitt and Peirce was actually PS LBF. I got their Twist and Curlies from the bulk jars.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Actually, I just looked at the picture I took of those tobaccos. Neither of them look like PS LBF.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I really don't think it is fair to show pictures that cause a pipe to be loaded (with PS LBF :) and smoked due to the craving the pictures caused, LOL along with mouth watering Mmmmmmm Good!!!

This is on my top five list, one I would be most happy with if stranded on a lost deserted island
Not for everyone but it just means more for me :applause:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Do you stack the coins in your pipe, or rub out the tobacco first?
I normally try to pull 2-3 coins out to dry for a few hours before smoking, then try to fold and stuff which usually turns to crumble and stuff but the cavendish disc stays in one peice and is really tasty once you get to it. Will have to try and get through a bowl tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
From DarkFlake at PSF and I now do this with all coins. Works great!

Coin techniques#1(DISCLAIMER: these have worked gor me. They are NOT the last word by any means.) Continue; fun is ahead.
1. Roll coin #1 into a tube. Before it's completely rolled, overlap edge of coin #2 and continue to roll until you have a two coin tube thst should just fill an "average" size bowl. This is usually called the sausage method.

2. Fold coin in half, then in half again. Insert, pointy end down. Repeat as needed.

With either method, allowance must be made for expansion, moisture, etc. If successful, you will love it. If not, see DISCLAIMER above.
DarkFlake

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Btw- there's no right or wrong way to smoke a coin. I just posted something I like to do but it can be rubbed out, stuffed and twisted, rolled like I do, stacked and bent, or whatever floats your boat. I also find this coin smokes best for me right out of the jar. When I dry it, it smokes too hot and looses flavor.