What's new

Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Bullseye Flake - PToM Sep 2014 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Btw- there's no right or wrong way to smoke a coin. I just posted something I like to do but it can be rubbed out, stuffed and twisted, rolled like I do, stacked and bent, or whatever floats your boat. I also find this coin smokes best for me right out of the jar. When I dry it, it smokes too hot and looses flavor.
Thanks for the tip though! I'll try another bowl tomorrow without drying or crumbling. It is burning a tad hot with a few hrs to dry. Still pretty tasty though.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I'm really enjoying this tobacco. I was going to say that I find it surprisingly mild but I think I'm confusing "mild" with "smooth".

Not sure if this makes sense or not but the taste reminds me of what fresh earth or loam smells like.

This could be the tobacco that moves me off of aros.

Drinking a spiced rum with it.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
One I haven't tried yet. Will have to get some in my next order and give it a smoke or 2 Sounds like something up my ally.

James

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just got through a bowl of this. I didn't dry it out like I usually do and found a better flavor. Also, I have recently been packing too tight resulting in a hot smoke. Rolled two coins together as mentioned by thedismaltrade but my poker had room for one more folded and stuffed on top. Packed a bit looser than I have been which produced great results. Love the VA flavor and then the cavendish disc hits bringing sweetness and smoothness to the blend. Smoked long and slow and has been the highlight of my day today with some Kona blend coffee.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Just got through a bowl of this. I didn't dry it out like I usually do and found a better flavor. Also, I have recently been packing too tight resulting in a hot smoke. Rolled two coins together as mentioned by thedismaltrade but my poker had room for one more folded and stuffed on top. Packed a bit looser than I have been which produced great results. Love the VA flavor and then the cavendish disc hits bringing sweetness and smoothness to the blend. Smoked long and slow and has been the highlight of my day today with some Kona blend coffee.
That's a good point - I packed it looser than I typically do and the burn was a lot better.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
You can do anything with it really. Look up in the above thread for my preference on coins. It's the sausage roll method. I use it and have great success. On a side note- I've smoke a lot of this blend and haven't posted my thoughts but will soon.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've rubbed it out, rolled it, folded and stuffed. It all works and each one is surprisingly different IMO. So far, my preference has been to rub out the VA and keep the cavendish disc whole kinda layering them so I get a nice flavor change once the cherry hits the cavendish.