What's new

Pets of BOTL

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
This is Martini - he's a cross between a Chow Chow and a Border Collie. He's a great dog but a total PITA as a puppy. The Border in him ensures that he learns every command and trick I teach him very quickly. The Chow in him ensures that he doesn't actually do it.

Marty.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some of my fish. They are 6-8 years old so I consider them official pets.

Seamus, are those saltwater? I used to have saltwater years ago in my bachelor pad.

Now I have just a 10 gallon freshwater for my son in his room. I have a question about Tiger Barbs, but idk if one needs to be a Tiger Barb expert or if general fish knowledge works.

The 2 I have were fighting. I found out they need to be in a school of about 6 to chill out.

I can't fit 4 more in this tiny tank so that's not happening. I put the bully in a really small 1 gallon before he stressed out the others.

Do you know if I should attempt to put him back and see if he's calmed down after 1 week or do I need to get rid of him?

Or maybe you know a good fish forum?

Trying to avoid flushing it, my son has named it so...

Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Seamus, are those saltwater? I used to have saltwater years ago in my bachelor pad.

Now I have just a 10 gallon freshwater for my son in his room. I have a question about Tiger Barbs, but idk if one needs to be a Tiger Barb expert or if general fish knowledge works.

The 2 I have were fighting. I found out they need to be in a school of about 6 to chill out.

I can't fit 4 more in this tiny tank so that's not happening. I put the bully in a really small 1 gallon before he stressed out the others.

Do you know if I should attempt to put him back and see if he's calmed down after 1 week or do I need to get rid of him?

They are all freshwater fish, cichlids.

As you started they should be in schools so you'll probably have the same problem if you traded him in for another one.

See if there is a good store in your area, an independent fish store, and have them give you recommendations based on your tank. http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com is a good forum but sometime getting a little help is more trouble than its worth from forms.

I have more experience with specific species so sorry I couldn't help further. Good luck. Feel free to pm me any time with general aquarium questions.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

As you started they should be in schools so you'll probably have the same problem if you traded him in for another one.

See if there is a good store in your area, an independent fish store, and have them give you recommendations based on your tank. http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com is a good forum but sometime getting a little help is more trouble than its worth from forms.

I have more experience with specific species so sorry I couldn't help further. Good luck. Feel free to pm me any time with general aquarium questions.
Appreciated, good to know there's a fellow botl that knows fish, keeping these little guys can get technical. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My 12 year-old Chocolate Lab. She's a great dog: eats, sleeps, drinks, $hits and loves attention. She's my smoking buddy most nights on the back porch.

Btw, that's a "Shake-off" photo after getting out of the pool this summer.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0

In college I had several tanks with Cichlids. Good were they mean and territorial. And type the shit it off the tanks to breed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
View attachment 36971

This is Mugsy. It's an older pic, he's about 10 now. He's still pretty spry. Boxers are mischievous puppies, and great dogs. Mugs is my best pal.
Completely agree on the boxers. Here's my 2 and what a handful they are.

I have a Mugsy too, he's on the left and Juan Paco on the right. I didn't name him that, it was the name he had when we picked him up from the Boxer Rescue.

Appreciated, good to know there's a fellow botl that knows fish, keeping these little guys can get technical. Thanks.
Check out this website, they have a ton of knowledge and are always very helpful. Had to get rid of my tanks but when I did have fish I only bought them from them.

http://strictlyfishlakewood.com/

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Check out this website, they have a ton of knowledge and are always very helpful. Had to get rid of my tanks but when I did have fish I only bought them from them.

http://strictlyfishlakewood.com/

Cool, thanks. I ended up taking the bully back to a fish store that would take him back. I kept the one other of the same species I had, just waiting for his breed instincts to kick in...as soon as he starts getting mean I'll take him back also but so far, he seems to be super happy that the other little fucker is gone and not picking on him 24/7. He's gotten his color back in him and everything.

As long as he continues to play nice like he has been, I'm keeping him in there. It's just a learning process, these fish can get pretty complicated.

My wife said these fish were more high maintenance than my cigars, ha. The chemicals and the heaters to maintain temperature, maintaining water flow, proper bacteria levels, on and on...

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Yeah I hear you on that, I was at the point were it was either go to a bigger tank or just get rid of them all together. You either have to school them or get a bigger tank so that they feel less territorial.

I also use to have a 300 gallon Koi Pond in my back yard.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Still got some more work to do to make it "pretty" (acceptable to the wife)... But spent the weekend building a new chateau for the destructo twins...

Started with an AKC metal kennel (they've eaten 3 wood and plastic dog houses so far)... And built a siding structure around it to match our house...

Built it big enough so I can move in with them when the wife puts ME in the dog house :grin:

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
MDWest,

Put yourself one of those heated lamps in there, and you've got yourself a winter smokin hole!

I like the destructo twins. They're cute while not eating something.

-Chrisso

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
All kidding aside.. after realizing how easy it was to build this thing.. I am seriously thinking about building a 10x16 "yard barn" that I could get triple use out of in the spring... store all the lawn tools, lawn mower, etc.. have a small workshop, and go out there to smoke and chill with the yard clowns for an hour a day or so during the cold months..

I thought the siding was going to be a real PITA to deal with.. I was wrong.. it was actually the easiest part of the build...