What's new

PGA Championship

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's a pretty stacked leaderboard going into the weekend. A lot of good stories, veterans, young guns, relative unknowns. Should be exciting. Who's everyone got? Anyone betting against McIlroy?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I actually got to go to the event on Thursday for a little while. Got to see a little of Rory in action in person. He will be tough to beat. And yes the leaderboard is everything you would hope for in a major. I'm not counting Michelson out yet either. Had a good round with that eagle on the last. Cheering for Fowler because he has been close all year. No matter who wins it will be nice to see some coverage of anyone but Tiger. Despite being too far out of it you sure saw a lot of his play today.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I do think Rory will make it 3 straight. He is just dialed in right now. Not that I will be upset if he doesn't though. Day is one of my favorite players to watch, and Fowler winning would be one of the most impressive years of major performances in a while.

I actually got to go to the event on Thursday for a little while. Got to see a little of Rory in action in person. He will be tough to beat. And yes the leaderboard is everything you would hope for in a major. I'm not counting Michelson out yet either. Had a good round with that eagle on the last. Cheering for Fowler because he has been close all year. No matter who wins it will be nice to see some coverage of anyone but Tiger. Despite being too far out of it you sure saw a lot of his play today.
I was hoping to sneak down there on Thursday but unfortunately I couldn't get away. I got to see Rory in person at the Ryder Cup at Medinah and I agree with you, he is very impressive to watch in person. I hope you avoided the weather down there, other than that, what a great event and course to go see.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thursday the weather was perfect when I was there. But the weekend rounds are just so much better on tv. You get to see everything that happens instead of just what happens in front of you. Valhalla is an exciting golf course especially if it stays close with the eagleable 18th. Might go back tomorrow if the weather is nice but Sunday will be spent on the couch watching.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thursday the weather was perfect when I was there. But the weekend rounds are just so much better on tv. You get to see everything that happens instead of just what happens in front of you. Valhalla is an exciting golf course especially if it stays close with the eagleable 18th. Might go back tomorrow if the weather is nice but Sunday will be spent on the couch watching.
Glad you were there for the good weather. I couldn't agree with you more though. We just go to events for practice rounds usually for that reason. You still get to see the course and players, but on tv is definitely the way to watch the weekend of a major. I like seeing every shot.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
This is the only event at Valhalla I haven't had a chance to make it to (1996 and 2000 PGA and the Ryder cup), but I'll say this: I've seen lefty do some amazing things there. Don't count him out.

But it's anybody's to win- should be a good Sunday. Sick that I gave my tickets up. I guess I'll always have the 2000 PGA with tiger and bob may. I got them both to sign a goofball that I still have and cherish- that was an unbelievable day.

On a side note- I ate and drank way too much in a hospitality tent at the Ryder cup. I was there for two days and all I remember is watching Anthony Kim for a few holes lol. Free steak and bourbon does a man harm.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Kantucky the Ryder Cup was a really cool atmosphere because of the team aspect and cheering for your country at Valhalla. PGA was fun for a day. But with the crappy weather the last 2 days it's probably better seen on TV.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is the only event at Valhalla I haven't had a chance to make it to (1996 and 2000 PGA and the Ryder cup), but I'll say this: I've seen lefty do some amazing things there. Don't count him out.

But it's anybody's to win- should be a good Sunday. Sick that I gave my tickets up. I guess I'll always have the 2000 PGA with tiger and bob may. I got them both to sign a goofball that I still have and cherish- that was an unbelievable day.

On a side note- I ate and drank way too much in a hospitality tent at the Ryder cup. I was there for two days and all I remember is watching Anthony Kim for a few holes lol. Free steak and bourbon does a man harm.

Yea, Phil is one of the guys who can go out on a Sunday and make 10 birdies. (See last weekend) If he gets a couple early and plays aggressively he can definitely put up a 64-65. Then it'll just be a question of how low the leaders can go.

Bummer you sold your tickets with a leaderboard like this. But it will be nice to watch all their rounds from home and avoid this rain/long delay.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It's raining birdies, let's hope they finish this thing today. Nothing worse than a Monday finish.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's raining birdies, let's hope they finish this thing today. Nothing worse than a Monday finish.
I agree. I really hope they get it in today. And yea, birdies everywhere. Gonna need to get to probably -15 tie, -16 win outright maybe?
And no playoff. 3 hole playoff will no doubt send this thing to Monday.
Yea, tie will definitely have them start in the morning. I'm off work tomorrow.....I'll be torn though, they will play early in the morning and I have an 8 o'clock tee time.