What's new

Phenomenal Construction

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
What is everyone's go to cigar for phenomenal construction? I've slayed 10 or so Liga Privada T52s over the last month (that's an expensive month for me) and the construction has always been great.

I was actually surprised to see the site's search turn up a couple threads about bad construction on the LPs.

So what do you guys smoke with minimal burn issues, perfect draw, no re lights and nice ash?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Sir Winston... Go to cigar for more than just construction, but things burn pretty straight.

Outside of a few instances, have had good luck with Opus X as well.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
High end Padrons and Fuentes, Liga Privada, Tatuaje (I've had a few problems, but I smoke a ton of them).

The My Father LE 2010 I smoked (my 1st) for Father's Day was absolutely perfect, as have been the 2 La Verite 2009's I've had the pleasure to smoke.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I used to be a daily opus pl smoker. the only issue I have with fuente is the person applying glue to the bands thinks each band needs a gallon of glue. other than that never had a construction issue once.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Cabaiguans IME have the best construction both cosmetically (although sometimes the wrappers aren't flawless) and in the way that they burn.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Generally for me it is opus. I find some burn issues when young or if stored at 70%. What I really like is the firmness and total quantity of tobacco in them. The small cigars tend to burn forever. I have a real dislike for Davidoff cigars but generally will say they are some the best made cigars out there. With Padron and Pepin made cigars I tend to often have looser draws then I like even if they do draw well and burn even. Cubans are prone to issues as well but anything that is a humidor release or reserva has been spectacular for me.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After the one i smoke last night with MMalone, Im fast becoming a very big fan...I have only had three so far though.

Padron, def moved up on my list

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ive smoke a fair bit of high end, most dont have any problems. But Im amazed at the quality every time I look at a Liga.