pic of your four legged smoking buddy

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by daleo8803, Sep 14, 2014.

1. marshall9779

marshall9779

Here’s our family pooch, Miniature poodle. He’s going on 8 years old and all of about 12 pounds. He will fetch all day long. He thinks he’s a retriever. Great dog just barks too much. Doesn’t join me too often for a cigar but occasionally.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. fisherclive

fisherclive donor2

Media:
    Albums:
    I was the same way before we got our first wiener dog in ‘97, I was dead set against it. After a couple days of watching them run around, you’ll be hooked. One day I’m gonna have a herd of wiener dogs

CVAC085, havana1, Lomey and 2 others like this.
  3. squaresoft

squaresoft It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

Media:
    Albums:
    im so jealous gd i want my dogs to play with a frisbee...but none of them will

redneck_toy likes this.
  4. redneck_toy

redneck_toy Fuente Fanboy donor5

She took to it instantly. Zero training needed

5. squaresoft

squaresoft It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

Media:
    Albums:
    as many people on the boards know disc golf is like my favorite way to spend my time, so I wish dearly to have a dog I can throw a frisbee too. BUT THEY GOTTA BE TOO DUMB! not only that but none of them will go in water either. my dogs are cute but fuck do they suck and dogging

unfairtoast likes this.
  6. Lomey

Lomey

Get one! I always had large dogs growing up, but when my wife and I decided to get a dog she wanted a small dog. I didn't want a little fluffy dog and said we could get a small dog if it was a dachshund.

This is Pirate. He's getting up there in years and it will crush me when he's gone. He's the best dog I've ever had. Dachshunds are funny, smart and a little stubborn. We will always have a dachshund. We would have another one if not for my wife falling in love with our little mutt while we were looking at rescues for another dachshund. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. irratebass

irratebass www.blindmanspuff.com

Aren't they mean too? Not like aggressive, but very protective?

havana1 likes this.
  8. Marc L

Marc L

Media:
    Albums:
    Pirate has an amazing coat. feel free to post more pix of her. ..thanks

havana1 and Lomey like this.
  9. fisherclive

fisherclive donor2

Media:
    Albums:
    I have never seen a mean one, I come across a lot of dachshund’s in my line of work.
    Cooper is a sweetheart. He might bark but he’s never been aggressive or protective.

10. Lomey

Lomey

Mine isn't at all, but I've heard they can be. We've never been in a situation where I feel like he needed to be protective, but that's one of the reasons I wanted a dachshund if getting a little dog. That they can handle themselves for a little dog. Mine has never met a stranger. The pizza delivery people love him. He will bark really loud if a stranger is at the door which I don't mind, but will calm down if I am fine with the person.

He will not leave our side if my wife or I are sick or not feeling well. One time I tripped and fell off the deck and he sprinted from the back of the yard and circled me twice and then stood in front of me looking out like he was protecting me in case I couldn't myself. Another time I had some esophageal spasms from eating something that didn't agree with me (very intense chest pains) and laid down and he laid across my chest to calm it down. Great dogs imho.

redneck_toy, Lok17, CVAC085 and 3 others like this.
  11. irratebass

Ha ha wow!
    Charlie will bark when he someone knocks or rings the doorbell, then if it's someone he recognizes, or if I know them he will just whine ha.

12. havana1

havana1

I wouldn't say mean or protective as much as I would say clingy. We've rescued two and they will "battle" with each other to be the one to sit closest to us. Pugs are the same way. And, I'm not sure which brother said stubborn but that's an understatement.

irratebass likes this.
  13. irratebass

I can deal with either, Charlie is very clingy......he's typically my shadow.

havana1 likes this.
  14. havana1

havana1

Charlie is a beaut! When I first met my wife she had a female Shepherd. she was a beaut also and protective. It didn't take long for her to warm up to me though. She's been gone a while now but we WILL have another Shepherd again some day.

irratebass likes this.
  15. irratebass

They are fantastic dogs, just so damn hairy, it's like having a miniature Chewbacca, but Charlie is frickin' HUGE, and only 3yrs old......he doesn't realize how big he is.....he's knocked off 2 closet doors off their hinges, with just his tail!

Lok17, havana1 and fisherclive like this.
  16. KookaRocha

KookaRocha donor5

Unspecified Bunker in El Paso - status: vagabond
    This is Luke, my Texas Heeler (1/2 Australian Cattle Dog & 1/2 Australian Shepherd - I don't get the "Texas" in the name either.

Great smoking buddy and the other night alerted me to someone trying to break into my house. He ate a full Yellowtail fish fillet that night.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Marc L, irratebass, DaveW460 and 11 others like this.
  17. Lomey

Lomey

Thanks! I'll get some more pics up. His coat is silky soft too. I always tell him that when he passes that he's to small to make a rug, but he'll make a beautiful pillow cover some day ;). My wife doesn't think it's funny. Haha!

18. GoBison

GoBison donor2

Not a very good picture - this is my new friend at the local shipping station here in town. His name is Cooper - he just took a Beggin Strip treat out of my hand :D
    Cooper is spoiled rotten - the drivers from USPS / FedEx / UPS / DHL all give me treats every day.
    20180623_112856.jpg

19. GoBison

GoBison donor2

I stopped in this morning to do some recon and got a better pic of Cooper. He's got different colored eyes and still loves Beggin Strips
    20180707_114208.jpg

20. unfairtoast

unfairtoast donor4

Media:
    Albums:
    20170521_174123.jpg

Couple of GSDs. Both rescues.
    The bigger of them is a mutt with maybe some Pit in him. He found his way into the neighbor's chicken coop before we got him.
    The smaller one is looks pure but we aren't going to ever find out. She only likes cigars because that means its time to play.

Jet-Rod, irratebass, DaveW460 and 8 others like this.