What's new

pic of your tamper!!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ok so I had this thought, since Chicago is coming up I would make me a new tamper.

The acrylic one is a .270 and the wood is wavy mahogany with .44 mag.

I knocked out the spent primers and made a mahogany plug for the primer pockets.

That acrylic one is freaking sweet!!!!!! And it's amazing what you can do with spent shells....

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
That acrylic one is freaking sweet!!!!!! And it's amazing what you can do with spent shells....
The acrylic is my favorite too. I'm going to order more of that color blanks. It turned out great. That wavy mahogany is beautiful on some of my pens but I'm disappointed as a pipe tamp.
@Griz and @Grrrrr609 you guys suck! Lol awesome work my friends!!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
grrr, I like them both, very nice work... Try an alcohol wood stain, mostly used for flintlock rifle stains, that will really bring out the curl in wood. The curly part gets dark and the softer part stays a little lighter...
like this
The curly maple on that rifle is beautiful! What caliber & barrel length is it?

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
grrr, I like them both, very nice work... Try an alcohol wood stain, mostly used for flintlock rifle stains, that will really bring out the curl in wood. The curly part gets dark and the softer part stays a little lighter...
like this
You know I should have thought of that. I do that to my pens and briar.

I tried it after that fact and it didn't work too well. I had already waxed it so I'm sure the stain couldn't sink in.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does anybody know where to buy one with a pocket clip like an ink pen? I've been wanting one for when I'm driving between service calls. It would be super handy.