What's new

Picked up a lifelong dream today!!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just don't understand why they won't import them into the US anymore. Tough as nails four wheeler.
Because Americans want soft SUVs based on cars that pretend to be tough as nails off roaders. They don't want a Defender 90. Plus it would kind of skew the ultra luxury brand image Land Rover has tried to build in the US.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Because Americans want soft SUVs based on cars that pretend to be tough as nails off roaders. They don't want a Defender 90. Plus it would kind of skew the ultra luxury brand image Land Rover has tried to build in the US.
That's the thing about old 4wd's like the cruisers, early Broncos, and such. They really were just a drivetrain with a box over them. Zero creature comforts. You really have to love what they are to drive one regularly. Not real sure about the Defenders, but pretty sure they're a little more comfortable than my cruiser. I'd rock a defender 90 in a heartbeat if I had deep enough pockets. My cruiser is a horrible daily driver for the average modern "off-road enthusiasts". The redneck part of my name is there for a reason. Lol