What's new

Picking a cigar

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you reach for a cigar in the humidor, do you smoke the best ones you have or do you pick around them and save the best,

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Depends on how long I've known I'm about to smoke. If it's hours I talk myself up by gradually fantasizing more and more about what I'm going to smoke. If it's short notice I pick up about five different sticks and play with them before I decide on one :)

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Time is definitely a consideration. I usually go for my best smokes. I may die tomorrow why save them. I do have a few ultra rare gars that I'm saving for certain life events but almost nothing is off limits. Remember to always smoke within your means, share your passion with others and enjoy.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I do both. I smoke the good ones if they are rested enough (think Opus X, Anejo, etc.). But mainly I look at what kind of time I have to spare, and what kinda mood Im in....Spicy? Peppery? Cocoa? CC Twang? Full body, medium, mild? I rarely if ever just grab a stick and go.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have special smokes and I have any day smokes. It depends on the mood and how much time I have.
I won't light up a Padron 64 if I know I won't have time to smoke it all or if my tastebuds are warped. Thats when I go for cheap.
If its a nice sunny day, I can sit on my patio and enjoy the sun and some tunes then Ill reach for a special smoke and really enjoy the experience.

In the end its personal preference though. I went through a period of time where the only smokes I had on hand were rare and pricey so I rawly smokes because I dint want to waste them.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Depends on how long I've known I'm about to smoke. If it's hours I talk myself up by gradually fantasizing more and more about what I'm going to smoke. If it's short notice I pick up about five different sticks and play with them before I decide on one :)
Define :applause::angel::seesaw:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have been smoking some of my larger, longer smoking cigars while the weather is nice and stocking up on shorter stuff for the cold weather this winter. I rarely know what I am going to smoke ahead of time.

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
If I'm not craving something I'm useless in deciding.
Staring at them for 15-20min is not uncommon... :frownno:

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I have been smoking some of my larger, longer smoking cigars while the weather is nice and stocking up on shorter stuff for the cold weather this winter. I rarely know what I am going to smoke ahead of time.
I've been doing the same thing. Burning through some churchills in the last week. Stocking up on coronas, short stories, etc.

I general, I plan out my week (I travel pretty much every week) by throwing 4-5 in my herf-a-dor. So I guess I know what I'll smoke over the course of the week, but not on any given day. Weekends are a complete crapshoot.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I usually smoke the good stuff first (unless it needs rest,...and even then it's not off limits..lol) if I'm going to have to smoke it quick or possibly pitch it, then I grab for the sticks specifically bought for that reason. Sometimes it's hard to choose but I smoke 3-5 a day so it makes it a little easier. If you're only smoking 1 a day or a few a week, I can see how it would be hard to choose.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm not craving something I'm useless in deciding.
Staring at them for 15-20min is not uncommon... :frownno:
Same here. It's even worse if I have to pick several to take to a cookout or other group function. I'll rotate 100 different cigars through a 10 count herf a dor in a matter of 15 minutes.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like to try new things and try to stay mindful of how many of which I have, because I really like to bomb and pass cigars, and don't want to smoke all of the ones I like when I need to have some to share with my brothers!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It all depends on mood and the time of day. First thing in the morning before breakfast, I'll go with a connie, cammie or Four Kicks. Stronger stuff later in the day. It takes me about 5 seconds to decide. But then again, I smoke 2 or 3 cigars a day. I can see the folks who smoke 1 or 2 per week taking more time to decide.