What's new

Pics of your cellar

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I posted a YouTube video of my cellar, built over the last 16 years or so. Honestly, it's a bit (*cough*) excessive, given the rate at which I smoke. But I love the idea of having aged tobacco choices, so I've incurred the wrath of my better half and have slowly amassed the following:
I would probably have a hell of a time a.) deciding what to smoke each night & b.) which unopened tin to open next....lol. That is beautiful & terrifying all at the same time :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah it was initially to cover up my dodgy craftsmanship but I think I will keep it going and cover the lot eventually! I like the way they look just not all labels are easy to get off.
Do you have any process for removing labels other than just start pulling and see what happens? Seems like there should be a way to make removal easy, well at least easier than the couple labels I've tried to free from tin lids.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Do you have any process for removing labels other than just start pulling and see what happens? Seems like there should be a way to make removal easy, well at least easier than the couple labels I've tried to free from tin lids.
Not really mate, the only ones I get off are the pop top lids with the label around the sides. Even they are glued to often sometimes.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So being I had a shelf cellar I had the issue of mason jars (especially the little ones) not stacking too well. I would come home to find a jar on the carpet and I even had a dint in one of the lids.

Just in case anyone else has this problem I thought I'd share my solution.

Purchase a 1m roll of non slip matting (around $4 Australian on flea bay. And cut out little circles using the mason jar lid as a stencil and a razor blade. The result... Stack as high as you want with rock solid stackability!