What's new

Pics of your cellar

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I posted a YouTube video of my cellar, built over the last 16 years or so. Honestly, it's a bit (*cough*) excessive, given the rate at which I smoke. But I love the idea of having aged tobacco choices, so I've incurred the wrath of my better half and have slowly amassed the following:
Okay, you Sr. have a problem! haha That's insane, nice collection.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a YouTube video of my cellar, built over the last 16 years or so. Honestly, it's a bit (*cough*) excessive, given the rate at which I smoke. But I love the idea of having aged tobacco choices, so I've incurred the wrath of my better half and have slowly amassed the following:
So I watched your video ... and very much unlike some, I don't feel better about my collection - I feel as though I am woefully understocked! As in, this is something to aspire to!

So I did some quick math - and I am estimating (not including what i am sure are is a nice collection of pipes to go with all the tobacco) that you have upwards of 15K in tobacco there. Over 16 years, that's just shy of a grand a year, or about 80 some odd a month. Now that's still way under what a pack a day cigarette smoker would pay ... and that's exactly how I am going to justify it :)!!

Woot!! A goal!!!

Nice collection brother!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, folks! There were definitely years where I stocked up more deeply than others, but -- especially with Virginias, Va/Pers, and to some extent Orientals -- long aging pays benefits, so I felt reasonably safe with the investment.

Some of the Latakia mixtures probably need to get smoked in the next 5-10 years, though, or else there's some risk of going over the hill.

In general, I'd be very happy to trade aged tobacco for some cigars that are hard to acquire (particularly aged stuff, or CCs), or simply ship some samples to people who'd like to experience what aging does to pipe tobacco. PM me if you're be interested!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So I watched your video ... and very much unlike some, I don't feel better about my collection - I feel as though I am woefully understocked! As in, this is something to aspire to!

So I did some quick math - and I am estimating (not including what i am sure are is a nice collection of pipes to go with all the tobacco) that you have upwards of 15K in tobacco there. Over 16 years, that's just shy of a grand a year, or about 80 some odd a month. Now that's still way under what a pack a day cigarette smoker would pay ... and that's exactly how I am going to justify it :)!!

Woot!! A goal!!!

Nice collection brother!!
I know I spent over a grand in pipe tobacco last year...easily...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I spent over a grand in pipe tobacco last year...easily...
Don't think I ... we haven't noticed Mr. latest purchase thread king lol. :)

All joking aside though - I have been trying to seriously reign it in and truly discover what I have. I think often about cellaring. I think often about at least buying extras of everything I have to see what I think of what I know in a year or three. But all said and done - in my heart of hearts, I am a "user" who wishes he had the commitment to be a collector.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Some of us have one, I put in a ventilation system in my sunroom to use in inclement weather, and a few others here have some smoke rooms
I have the sunroom at my house that my parent's have to clean up for the summer. They have crap in there from our basement flood. And there's always the garage or my truck. And on nice day's I'm sitting in thr backyard.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just consolidated my cellar into one spot yesterday thanks to this thread. No pictures though here. It would be like bragging about my pinewood derby car to a bunch of formula 1 drivers.

Don't worry though, both tins are resting comfortably in their new proper storage location.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I just consolidated my cellar into one spot yesterday thanks to this thread. No pictures though here. It would be like bragging about my pinewood derby car to a bunch of formula 1 drivers.

Don't worry though, both tins are resting comfortably in their new proper storage location.
Show us man!

@Rupe Keeps Grape Swishers in his brothers Bass boat!

@rev.b keeps em in his scooter saddle bags

@Tom1984 uses his socks as HCM beads! Not with beads in them just plain socks!!!

I'm sure your pinewood derby car is awesome compared to the above :ROFLMAO: (y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hear you! Mine is pretty pinewood derby too lol. But here it is all the same.

The below culbard is dedicated to my piping and is perfectly located at my back door. I keep what I am working on in it. Everything else (the real cellaring) goes on upstairs with my cigar collection.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I hear you! Mine is pretty pinewood derby too lol. But here it is all the same.

The below culbard is dedicated to my piping and is perfectly located at my back door. I keep what I am working on in it. Everything else (the real cellaring) goes on upstairs with my cigar collection.

I love the Glock next to the bottle of Everclear. That is awesome.

Nice cabinet btw!!