What's new

Pics of your Humidor/Cooler/Walk In etc

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If anyone needs any help on buying a wine cooler and/or setting one up don't hesitate to let me know! I don't think you can get a better setup for the money. The whole thing, including beads, was less than 250. That's including temp control, RH control, and thermoelectric technology. Can't beat that.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Nice Jason, mine is going to be over $400 for same unit. I have the Brewers Edge Controller II on order to control both heat and cold. The 32cfm fan with digital timer is ready to install. Now just have to figure out where to drill the hole in the back of the unit for the wires to go thru. Unplugged it is reading 68% and 64rh. Once set up, I will try to take pics and post them.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Awesome Steve, you're goin deluxe style. I'm more of a minimalist I suppose. I had an Oust fan in mine, but I noticed that the fan in the back of the unit we have puts out about 20 times as much circulation as the Oust anyway..so I figured why bother with a fan. Can't wait to see the pics Steve!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Headbanger said:
Nice Jason, mine is going to be over $400 for same unit. I have the Brewers Edge Controller II on order to control both heat and cold. The 32cfm fan with digital timer is ready to install. Now just have to figure out where to drill the hole in the back of the unit for the wires to go thru. Unplugged it is reading 68% and 64rh. Once set up, I will try to take pics and post them.
Wow!! Can't wait to see the photos. I may be investing in your setup as my humidor space is shrinking.

When I was considering a humidor purchase, the BOTL's said,"Buy BIG, bigger than big." Why did I not listen? :scratchhe :disappoin

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Headbanger said:
Damn nice setup :thumbsup:

Please do us all a favor and take detailed pics when you do all of that. With instructions... :rofl:

Also, how come JW had so much trouble with his wine cooler and Michigan didn't :dunno: Just wondering as wine coolers are starting to appeal to me.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Well, for one thing, MM's is thermoelectric. For another? I have no friggin' clue Cliff. Still giving me fits, but the cigars are smoking well so...:dunno:

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Well, for one thing, MM's is thermoelectric. For another? I have no friggin' clue Cliff. Still giving me fits, but the cigars are smoking well so...:dunno:
Oh okay...So I guess thermoelectric makes a really big difference then :dunno: I'll keep that in mind

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I don't know Cliff, if you ask around you'll find tons of folks who have my same setup with no problems so...

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Jwrussell said:
I don't know Cliff, if you ask around you'll find tons of folks who have my same setup with no problems so...
Luck of the draw I guess :dunno:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I really don't know. I've had the door open to get rid of humidity (room RH is under 50), get it down, close it and have it go right back up to around 70%. I had a tube of beads lying where the condensation collects to go to the drain and pulled it out yesterday to find it completely soaked, all clear beads. I don't know how but I still think I have too much humidity somehow.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'll have to take some pics of mine...it's not thermoelectric, but I have a Cigar Oasis and beads in it to keep things just right...also bought the electronic temp controller to keep it within 3 degrees of perfect. I'll get some pics posted...

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
AZsteelman said:
I'll have to take some pics of mine...it's not thermoelectric, but I have a Cigar Oasis and beads in it to keep things just right...also bought the electronic temp controller to keep it within 3 degrees of perfect. I'll get some pics posted...
You type too much, post some pics dammit:clap:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Randy, always so freeking dry in AZ. In your case, beads may not even be required.

Jason (MM) and I send PM back and forth on what to buy price vs function. Bought about same time so we can let each other know what works and what does not. Missery loves company, but so far, all looks very promissing. I went much bigger storage than I ever thought I would need. I really am not sure I require the extra fan either, but there will be no circulation to keep rh even during the winter months when the cooler is unplugged. This OCD is working overtime and the ole' Boy Scout motto too. "Be Prepared".

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Damn Jason, I thought you were straight ??? :wtf:

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I know, it's really dry, but the beads are insurance in case things go awry with the Oasis and it gets too wet...ya gotta be prepared. I've got tubes of beads on each shelf, and the Oasis in the back of the unit...very stable with this set up!

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
cvm4 said:
Luck of the draw I guess :dunno:
Not sure? I just went with thermo because of the technology behind it....wines need high RH too. Got 1 and a half pounds of beads and really it was good to go from there. Very easy to set up and maintain. As I look at my hygro right now as we speak it sits at 64 degrees Faranheit and 64 percent RH. Maybe I just got lucky..but I know of a couple other bros with this same exact wine cooler who have had excellent results. Not sure why.