What's new

Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Have A Cigar is my personal favorite song on that album....for that matter it's my favorite song out of any of Pink Floyd's. But that is a terrific album...I also agree it's better than Dark Side of the Moon.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Definitely one of my favorites! First PF song I ever heard was "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict" I was hooked!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
djs134 said:
Definitely one of my favorites! First PF song I ever heard was "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict" I was hooked!
I thought I was the only one who liked or even knew of this song, I need to get this album (yea I've got it on an album cause I'm an old fart) to disc.

Wish You Were Here is an awesome Pink Floyd album but I think Dark Side of the Moon is better, It's a tough call though. I've seen Pink Floyd a couple times once with Roger Waters and once without, both were great sshows. The first with RW was better mainly because it was not in a Stadium.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
What's an album?? :dunno:

Is it like a big cd??:hysterica:hysterica:hysterica:hysterica

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have a few pink floys lp's and love each one!

I like how the bands sound has evoloved a bit over time and like the whole styles.

One of my favorite songs is have a cigar.
floyd rocks!!

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
So David Gilmour says that once he finishes up his latest solo project and related tour, Pink Floyd could likely reunite with Roger Waters for an album and tour. It sounds like it's pretty shaky ground, but it also looks like a lot of fences were mended after the Live8 reunion last July.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I did it it worked almost the whole movie. There were times that it seemed like every other line would sync up. The first time through the album it'd be one like the next time through the next line would sync up. Freaky!

I'm really glad to hear that there may be a tour, being a youngin' I've seen Roger Waters, but never Pink Floyd all together. I just about cried at Live8, I figured one of them would die before they reunited.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've been to two PF concerts. One with Waters (Animals) ... and one without (Division Bell). Both were awesome.

Surprizingly, I've never tried the WOZ thing.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Poni said:
Anyone else ever try the Darkside / Wizard of Oz thing?

I've done it and it is really freaky for the first run of the album, the second run of the album (disc for you youngin's) didn't match as well, could be my timing....