What's new

Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Theres a good cover band I saw called "The Machine" Too young to have seen them in concert....

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
djs134 said:
Definitely one of my favorites! First PF song I ever heard was "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict" I was hooked!
A Roger Waters song from Ummagumma, IIRC?

Same era,but I was hooked by the bass line in, "Careful With That Axe, Eugene"

Somewhere I have a video of PF on American Bandstand with Syd.

Favorite line from Welcome to the Machine was, "And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow, didn't realize there were so many PF fans here.

I have a pretty wide range of stuff on CD, and have been trying to find stuff on LP whenever possible. The only one I found worth purchasing was an original Japan release of "The Final Cut" including all the liner notes and sleeves. (I'm trying to find one of the 2003 reissues with the extra track on it).

Did anyone manage to get one of the 30th anniversary copies of Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl? It came out in 2003 as both SACD and vinyl. I have the 20th anniversary CD, along with a lot of their live stuff too (including that cool box for Pulse with the flashing LED).

I missed going to their tour for Division Bell in '94 thanks to my parents not wanting me to drive to Chicago myself (I was a junior in high school). It would be impressive to see them live if a reunion were to happen.

(Oh...and Rush is another one of those I would like to see before they call it quits)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
caudio51 said:
For those who haven't seen it...
If your really talking album do you remember the original celophane covering?
I purchased the all deep blue cover and as I cut and opened the wrapper the picture shown in this thread revealed itself. Great effect anytime you can remember unwrapping something 30 years after the fact.