What's new

Pipe and tobacco shopping websites.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Anyone here order from Mars Pipe and Cigar (Mike Rutt) lately? He lists a po box that is less than 15 min away, he doesn't accept MasterCard, and refuses to let me pick it up wherever he keeps his stock. I suggested a cash hand to hand transaction and he replied with "we take money order as well". Completely doesn't seem to care I am local, and wanting to buy from him. So I just said I would take/send my money elsewhere. It just seems weird to me that hes completely unwilling to let me pick up or meet for a drop off.

Does anyone else find as this strange/crappy business? Is it some kind of law because of a retail license? If so tell me thats why I cannot buy direct but why that would matter doesn't make sense either.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I purchased from them probably in the last year, they made a mistake and shipped the wrong product, sent me a replacement no qS and let me keep the couple ounces incorrectly shipped, seemed really easy to deal with

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I purchased from them probably in the last year, they made a mistake and shipped the wrong product, sent me a replacement no qS and let me keep the couple ounces incorrectly shipped, seemed really easy to deal with
Hes responsive, but in a curt standoffish kind of way.

Is there a difference between a selling online and in brick and mortar license wise? I can only figure its that or hes operating a commercial business out of his private home and doesn't want it to be known hence the PO box. My biggest confusion still is this, NO MASTERCARD ACCEPTED!

I will just take a further trip to a place called Wingenroths in Lebanon, PA its about 30-40 min away. Ill drive further and pay more out of sheer stubbornness that he would prefer me fucking about with a money order mailing it, and him boxing and charging me shipping instead of just letting me give him some $20 bills and be in my way.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
actually, IIRC mastercard has recently gotten pissy in regard to tobacco shopping, and more sites are having issues with them. "no MasterCard accepted" is getting fairly common.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well I never had an issue with mastercard in the past. It is just online orders or in store purchases too? Its not that mastercard is listed as not accepted, it's just not listed as an option. Either I was about to drop a cool $100 with him and I would have even let him keep the change. The bitch of it is that has some of the best prices for what I wanted but I don't want my order to be a 3 week process when I could just stop by and take care of it in an hour.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
SG Kendal plug and Wessex gold brick. Nothing off the wall just not exactly carried by all. Ive seen prices all over the place on them too. $8 swing on Wessex and $20 or more swing on the SG plug.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
SG Kendal plug and Wessex gold brick. Nothing off the wall just not exactly carried by all. Ive seen prices all over the place on them too. $8 swing on Wessex and $20 or more swing on the SG plug.
Interesting can't say I've even had either of those on my radar
They are now, though, huh?! 👍😆
Give us a review!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Well I never had an issue with mastercard in the past. It is just online orders or in store purchases too? Its not that mastercard is listed as not accepted, it's just not listed as an option. Either I was about to drop a cool $100 with him and I would have even let him keep the change. The bitch of it is that has some of the best prices for what I wanted but I don't want my order to be a 3 week process when I could just stop by and take care of it in an hour.
My understanding of the MasterCard policy is that they allow tobacco purchases however the retailer needs to pay a $1000 fee (annual I think) to be able to accept Mastercard as Payment. The big guys like CI, Famous, Thompson, etc. are easily able to pony up but many smaller shops have opted to no longer accept MasterCard after this BS fee policy was put in place a couple of years ago.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Interesting can't say I've even had either of those on my radar
They are now, though, huh?! 👍😆
Give us a review!
Yuuup, but I've got so much now sample wise and new tins that it will be a while til I need to buy anything

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I recently ordered a sampler from http://www.milantobacco.com/ and while I am still pretty new to pipes, they had some very tasty offerings and what seems to me to be very high quality tobacco. I usually don't care much for aros, but theirs have been really tasty. Especially their "Butter Berry" blend.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I recently ordered a sampler from http://www.milantobacco.com/ and while I am still pretty new to pipes, they had some very tasty offerings and what seems to me to be very high quality tobacco. I usually don't care much for aros, but theirs have been really tasty. Especially their "Butter Berry" blend.
After you do your cigar noob trade come and do the pipe trade, we would love to help you try more.