What's new

Pipe story and other do's and don't s

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I work with cow horn and NO WAY would I suggest that, It would stink to high heaven and probably knock you on your back side. Could even have some very bad long term effects being that horn holds a lot of bacteria. as for deer antler, I lot of folks doing the rendezvous thing make deer antler pipes, but they dont use them a lot. I heard from a doctor that it is not a good eidea to smoke out of one that when it gets hot you may end up inhaleing burn antler and he said that wouldn't be good. The one that was mentioned was the one I made, in the cob pimping thread and I only turned a finial for the bottom and was not in contact with the burning tobacco.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I saw an antler horn posted not too long ago...
Might have been @Grrrrr609
We'll have to ask him when he's back from vacation.
Yes I have one. I picked one up in a lot that I bought. It's interesting. It's unsmoked but have read where guys smoke from them. I will not. Griz brought up some great points.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
just to take this thread back to it's roots:

apparently piping, and learning to actually DO STUFF while piping are two differing skill sets. anyone else ever have a bowl going fairly well, then either bend or look down and heat a horrible hissing sound? shits enough to ruin your day. o)

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Oh here's one. Don't assume that just because it's a Savinelli pipe that the tenon has an adapter in it and don't use needle nose pliers to remove said adapter.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Luckily it was only a little chip. I know better but I'm still making mistakes.

The tenon was loose and I wanted to do the heat treatment to tighten it.