What's new

Pipe story and other do's and don't s

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Here's a "don't":

DON'T pack you bowl on, say, Friday night without first checking the weather. And by "checking the weather" I mean sticking my damn had out the door to see if there is a torrential downpour.
Then, DON'T leave your bowl (packed too tightly) to sit until Sunday when you might have a chance to light it.
Then, DON'T forget to punch some vents in the packed bowl to allow air in there after the tobacco has been sitting in the bowl and expanding due to humidity.
But, if you DO all those, then DON'T try to smoke it.

Sheesh, the thing smoked so poorly and I had to relight it every couple of minutes.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
That's one of those "soak with kerosine" bowls.
Yeah, I've learned my lesson.

Well, I think I've learned my lesson...

Shit, I hope I've learned my lesson...
If you're anything like me, you didn't.
Yeah, safe money would be on me not having learned my lesson. Although, since there are so many mistakes for me to make, why keep making the same one?
Experience.

I'm a firm believer in practice make perfect.

One day, I'll be able to make my mistakes with such confidence, and flair, that people will look at me, shake their heads and say, there goes that big mistake...

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
That's one of those "soak with kerosine" bowls.
Yeah, I've learned my lesson.

Well, I think I've learned my lesson...

Shit, I hope I've learned my lesson...
If you're anything like me, you didn't.
Yeah, safe money would be on me not having learned my lesson. Although, since there are so many mistakes for me to make, why keep making the same one?
Experience.

I'm a firm believer in practice make perfect.

One day, I'll be able to make my mistakes with such confidence, and flair, that people will look at me, shake their heads and say, there goes that big mistake...
I'm more of a "do it wrong once, and it's a mistake. Do it wrong multiple times and it becomes a style" kinda guy.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'm going to have to use that on the wife.

"Why don't you ever do what I tell you!!! If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. Why do you keep doing things that way?"

"Because I'm stylin' woman! Lay off my groooooooove"

Think that'll go over well?

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'm going to have to use that on the wife.

"Why don't you ever do what I tell you!!! If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. Why do you keep doing things that way?"

"Because I'm stylin' woman! Lay off my groooooooove"

Think that'll go over well?
Pics or it didn't happen!
Would that be pics before or after the hospital visit?

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Knowing my wife, she'll help strap a GoPro with a monopod attached to my head...

"I don't think the monopod is buried deep enough, he's still breathing"

"Namma dommna flugggerstanton"

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
So has any of the pipe smokers smoked out of an horn pipe? Is it an ok pipe? I was visiting a shop and they had some elk horn and deer horn pipes made by they said local Indians but not too sure on that truth. But they looked pretty cool and was wondering if it's actually a decent pipe or strictly a look at this thing lol

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I have heard of the horn SHAPE, but not using it as a material. other than a hunting horn, where is is basically a kind instrument, or a powder horn for muzzle loading. as far as a smoking device...

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Few guys over at PSF have them and smoke out of them with no issue. A lot I guys thought they would stink but apparently if the pipe is done right no issues