What's new

Place to start

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Storage.
Should I keep whole leaves at the some RF as cigars. And do I want to keep all leaves together or keep them separated?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Storage.
Should I keep whole leaves at the some RF as cigars. And do I want to keep all leaves together or keep them separated?
So, this is what works for me, i keep my storage leaves in the same bags they are shipped in, sealed and separated. My working leaves are placed in zip locks and brought to whatever case they need to be at.

No cooler, no rh beads, nothing. Just make sure they are kept cool and not soaking wet and you'll be fine. Even dry leaves can be resuscitated!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So, this is what works for me, i keep my storage leaves in the same bags they are shipped in, sealed and separated. My working leaves are placed in zip locks and brought to whatever case they need to be at.

No cooler, no rh beads, nothing. Just make sure they are kept cool and not soaking wet and you'll be fine. Even dry leaves can be resuscitated!

Thanks

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So I've ordered from both LO and WLT. I've read where y'all are buying from other places. Are there other sites that I should browse? Or do some of y'all sale leaf? Not looking for anything special or specific. Just want to support the right people.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So I've ordered from both LO and WLT. I've read where y'all are buying from other places. Are there other sites that I should browse? Or do some of y'all sale leaf? Not looking for anything special or specific. Just want to support the right people.
Apart from LO and WLT you can email Jorge at rollers choice (jorge@rollerschoice.com). He has Dominican seco, viso, and ligero, along with Ecuadorian binder, Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, and ct shade wrapper I think. Others will have a better listing of Jorge's leaf, but it is good stuff. His ligero is really damn strong but super tasty.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok so my Chaveta landed today @BrewinHooligan !

Apparently they aren't aware of our customs here because to my delight they threw in a sampler of leaf.

Now I haven't done any homework on leaf, obviously the Corojo Oscuro is a wrapper. But an uneducated stab in the dark here... Given the square slightly crunched nature of the Brazilian Mata Fina, is that a filler? If so is it seco, volado, Ligero? Or are there more varieties? The Nicuragua Habano Seco looks kinda whole and flat, is that a binder ?

Man so much to learn! Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
take a nic seco, or 2, fold it's face in half, pinch the mid-rib out of the back if you want less nicotine, pull 2 mata into the center of the nic, squeeze together long ways, grab top half with left hand and break with right hand, join as one. bind with corojo. smoke.
That is so sweet!

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
No mate, I need to learn some more, don't have a mold sorted, don't know about bringing up to case. Baby steps (y)

But I will very soon, just want to watch a few vids and read a bit more first.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ok so my Chaveta landed today @BrewinHooligan !

Apparently they aren't aware of our customs here because to my delight they threw in a sampler of leaf.

Now I haven't done any homework on leaf, obviously the Corojo Oscuro is a wrapper. But an uneducated stab in the dark here... Given the square slightly crunched nature of the Brazilian Mata Fina, is that a filler? If so is it seco, volado, Ligero? Or are there more varieties? The Nicuragua Habano Seco looks kinda whole and flat, is that a binder ?

Man so much to learn! Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That Mata Fina is really really tasty leaf! It's listed as upper stalk position which in theory is stronger than ligero, but when I rolled a test cheroot with it, it had a strength more like a viso. Very smooth and tasty with barely any detectable spice. The Nica Habano seco is a staple in my kit as well. I love corojo but dons last batch of corojo wrapper had some serious burn issues for most folks. With only that seco and Mata Fina you should have a burny stick that burns well and has some good flavors.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
That Mata Fina is really really tasty leaf! It's listed as upper stalk position which in theory is stronger than ligero, but when I rolled a test cheroot with it, it had a strength more like a viso. Very smooth and tasty with barely any detectable spice. The Nica Habano seco is a staple in my kit as well. I love corojo but dons last batch of corojo wrapper had some serious burn issues for most folks. With only that seco and Mata Fina you should have a burny stick that burns well and has some good flavors.
I agree with the mata fina, that stuff is damn fine and smooth. I can cheroot that blend real quick and tell ya if it's good. No doubt it'll be fine, probably smooth, creamy, and peppery with those 2. Maybe we can sneak out some Mexican chocolate flavors depending on the wrapper.

i ran outta time but i made a corojo blend with the mata fina that i was going to try last night.
When i get home I'll post up in the blend testing thread with all the internal goodies.