Dominican binder
From Whole Leaf Tobacco 1 lb packs
Criollo 98 Ligero
Corojo 99 Viso
eBay purchase
56 by 6 5/8 La Flor de Quintero mold

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've watched several videos where people trim the head with the chaveta. What exactly are you trimming and why?
Some torcedors trim the head to help it become round in the mold. I have found by stuffing it firmly as far into the head of the mold as possible the mold gets it round without having to trim the head of the bunch. What's great about this "hobsession" is that there really isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to do things except for the basic/general rules. Find what works best for you and repeat until you can do it blindfolded and have consistent results you are proud of.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How long can you leave your bunch pressing in the mold before wrapping?
That's actually an interesting question, and ought not be answered perfunctorily.

How long you let it set in the mold can help determine shape and firmness. For example: when I want to make a perfecto which is fatter in the head than the foot (which is usually), then I will stuff the bunch fuller in the head, bind it, set it in the mold a mere hour, then take it out for a couple hours before wrapping. Gives the upper portion a chance to swell. If I want a loose cigar, then I'll also take it out after an hour. Ordinarily, I'll leave a parejo in for an hour, then turn it 90 degrees, then leavbe it another two hours. If I want a real hard parejo, I'll leave it an hour, turn it 90, then leave it overnight -- and only remove it right as I'm about to lay it on a damp wrapper (a damp wrapper also helps the thing get firmer.) All this is just common sense. I'm no expert; but I would never leave one in for three days on purpose.

But we got some expert guys on here. What do you guys do?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Yeah i hate the swell i get when i take it out too early. I let em dry purposefully in the mold to set the rg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk