What's new

Please keep zippogeek in your thoughts and prayers

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Oh yeah, and no face plants this year:hungover::hilarious:. I have a nice scar by my lip. Btw Brent, zippo told me I left some blood on your driveway and car, I'm so sorry brother. I have something in my mind to make it up to you. Wish we had it on video, would've made a great YouTube upload. @bdc30
Yeah I guess the amount of alcohol present combined with large obstacles in the driveway probably wasn't the smartest idea eh?? Glad we had a paramedic on site to have a look at the damage though before you went off to the tent. No need to make anything up to anyone, so long as you guys are back here next summer to do it all over again :D

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
God I love this brotherhood...thanks so much for all the prayers and good vibes everyone. (y) The surgery went great; no complications. I was in the hurt locker yesterday but am home resting peacefully now. Can't wait to have a good stick; it's been 10 days too long! (n)

And Phil @Happy Idiot , I am still very much in possession of all my man-parts...no Caitlin Jenner for me! :LOL: I actually had bariatric surgery. Because I've struggled to keep weight off for so many years now, I decided to have a sleeve gastrectomy -- fancy way of saying "We'll take 75% of your stomach so you can't eat so much." :eek: It's a major lifestyle change for me. Very small, frequent, high-protein meals and much less beer. But it will all work out for the best.

Thanks again everyone...you've made a brother very happy! :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God I love this brotherhood...thanks so much for all the prayers and good vibes everyone. (y) The surgery went great; no complications. I was in the hurt locker yesterday but am home resting peacefully now. Can't wait to have a good stick; it's been 10 days too long! (n)

And Phil @Happy Idiot , I am still very much in possession of all my man-parts...no Caitlin Jenner for me! :LOL: I actually had bariatric surgery. Because I've struggled to keep weight off for so many years now, I decided to have a sleeve gastrectomy -- fancy way of saying "We'll take 75% of your stomach so you can't eat so much." :eek: It's a major lifestyle change for me. Very small, frequent, high-protein meals and much less beer. But it will all work out for the best.

Welcome back sir. Glad you are doing good.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Praying for you @ZippoGeek.

My wife went through this a couple of years ago and it was definitely a lifestyle change for her but it has made a world of difference. Getting used to the smaller, frequent meals and need for extra protein can be daunting at times but overall it was well worth it for her. Praying that your experience will be similar.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

My wife worked for a bariatric surgeon. Trust me when I say, follow directions to the letter and take your vitamins. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thoughts zippos way. Glad it went well and I hope the new lifestyle takes hold. Don't give up on it and it'll work.