What's new

Please pray for our President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
@Cigary43 I am entitled to my opinion like you are entitled to yours and your Sal Alinsky tactics will not work on me. It is an open form and we all have the right to free speech. What you say is innocent, I find distasteful.

You have made your point. I have made mine point. No need for debate. We will never agree on politics. (My favorite subject). My philosophy is simple, Freedom, Liberty and Independence from Government as the Founders intended. I do not like the left or the right. I am anti-big government.

On cigars we may agree.

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I was hoping that a thread like could exist without de-evolving into debate, name-calling, etc (after all, there is a debate room for that). I knew it was a risk, and I suppose that was a bit of wishful thinking.

My belief is simply that Christians should pray for our leaders regardless of how we feel about them personally or politically, and I also feel that right now the President in particular needs a lot of prayer support (again, not support for or against his or his party's agendas, just support as the President of the US and all that entails).

I respect that not all here are Christians, and have different beliefs, I just thought I'd try to encourage a bit more prayer, that's all. I apologize if this has offended or upset anyone here, that was certainly not my intent. And Craig--you're my boy! I'm sorry that this rubbed you the wrong way. BOTL is my home and I care about you guys and our community here a great deal and would never intentionally cause a problem that would effect this community.

So please, let's leave it at that. If anyone wants to PM me, please do.

And please pray, if you wish. Thanks.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
@njstone - It's cool dude. People take this stuff to serious. I was just messing around.

Honestly, I do not care what political party you are or what religion you are. As long as you have the balls to speak your mind and the courage to listen to someone who might disagree with you.

I love this stuff. Not the drama, just the discussions. Sorry for the thread jack.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I was hoping that a thread like could exist without de-evolving into debate, name-calling, etc (after all, there is a debate room for that). I knew it was a risk, and I suppose that was a bit of wishful thinking.

My belief is simply that Christians should pray for our leaders regardless of how we feel about them personally or politically, and I also feel that right now the President in particular needs a lot of prayer support (again, not support for or against his or his party's agendas, just support as the President of the US and all that entails).

I respect that not all here are Christians, and have different beliefs, I just thought I'd try to encourage a bit more prayer, that's all. I apologize if this has offended or upset anyone here, that was certainly not my intent. And Craig--you're my boy! I'm sorry that this rubbed you the wrong way. BOTL is my home and I care about you guys and our community here a great deal and would never intentionally cause a problem that would effect this community.

So please, let's leave it at that. If anyone wants to PM me, please do.

And please pray, if you wish. Thanks.
Nate, no need to apologize. A person needs to stand for his beliefs and convictions. Just remember, those that cant stand for something, will fall for anything. Asking to pray for someone is the right thing to do. It is a shame, some cannot respect that someone's personal beliefs. I pray for our elected officials, as well as our country everyday. I also pray for the men and women serving in the military, as well as the police and fire services. May God bless America!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey in the end each person has their own beliefs and methods. Everyone prays whether anyone likes to admit it or not.

"Oh god help me" Ppl say statements like that and truly in the end it is reaching for a higher power. I think a prayer goes a long way even in the end if it doesn't go anywhere it still does good. It opens your heart and pushes positive energy towards others. I am Catholic and I don't believe I need to go to church in order for someone to tell me what I should and should do/believe.

A prayer is a statement it is a sharing of goodwill and kind heartedness. No one needs to agree with me but before you blast me for my statement think about when everything goes absolutely south and you feel alone and beat why do you always have to say "Dear God" or "God help me" it is built into everyone, there is more then we know or care to know about.

That is just my 2 cents for the day and I hope everyone has a great day.

Cheers,
JM

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
"O God, Ease our suffering in this, our moment of great despair....
....And Moab, he laidest down in the land of the Canaanites
And yea, though the Hindus speak of Karma, I implore you
Give her him a break.
Baruch Ata, Hallelujah!"

- Clark Griswold: Vacation 1983

Status
Not open for further replies.