What's new

Plume or mold

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its the only cigar without cello on it ( by chance ) in a tupperdor of maybe 60 sticks with a 65% boveda in it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You may have put it in the tupperdore with the mold already started. Keep a close eye on the rest of your cigars. If you see more mold, wipe it off, and smoke the cigars as soon as possible. I wouldn't add more cigars to that humidor until you are sure you no longer have mold problems.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
MOLD!!! If it's not in the foot, wipe it off and smoke it. Need hygro to check RH, Boveda won't lower humidity if saturated. If ambient RH is higher than 65%, Boveda needs to be dried out periodically.

If RH is ok, may just be that stick, just keep an eye on the rest.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saw that in a shop on a Roma Craft Neanderthal about a month ago. Guy spent 30 mins trying to convince me it was plume.

He was dead serious.

I very politely put my cigars back in their respective boxes inside the humidor (which I practically had to use a scuba tank to be inside) and went to another shop.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Saw that in a shop on a Roma Craft Neanderthal about a month ago. Guy spent 30 mins trying to convince me it was plume.
He was dead serious.
I very politely put my cigars back in their respective boxes inside the humidor (which I practically had to use a scuba tank to be inside) and went to another shop.
Not uncommon, most shops only worry about selling cigars and do not realize that occasionally they get a customer that knows better. The list of local shops I will do business with gets smaller and smaller because of stuff like that. Was the scuba tank need because of smoke or the amount of mold?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not uncommon, most shops only worry about selling cigars and do not realize that occasionally they get a customer that knows better. The list of local shops I will do business with gets smaller and smaller because of stuff like that. Was the scuba tank need because of smoke or the amount of mold?
Because of the outrageous amount of moisture in the air inside the humidor. Idk what it was at, but it was extremely humid.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think a good shop would have a hydrometer hanging on the wall, for their own use if nothing else. You really could have burned some bridges with a comment about scuba gear :p

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
B&M I use has a large walk-in. They've got half a dozen hygrometers hanging on the walls throughout. I've seen RH readings from 61-67%, usually lowest by the door, which is farthest from the humidifier. I do like being able to see the storage conditions of the cigars I'm buying.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think a good shop would have a hydrometer hanging on the wall, for their own use if nothing else. You really could have burned some bridges with a comment about scuba gear :p
It was my first and last trip to that shop. I have to drive over an hour to get to a shop. There are two others that I have been to several times, and will continue to visit when I make a stogie run.