What's new

Poll: God of Fire Don or Carlito

What do you think about the God of Fire Cigars?

• I've only had the Don Carlos and it's worth it

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I've only had the Don Carlos and it's not worth it

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I've only had the Carlito and it's worth it

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I've only had the Carlito and it's not worth it

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I like the Don Carlos better than the Carlito

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I like the Carlito better than the Don Carlos

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have had them all and they are nice cigars. Have to try at least one.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I've tried both and agree with Mitch, the carlito was the better of the two and agree the carlos needs some age.

As I've said many times before; I don't know if they are worth it but that's what it costs if you want to smoke one.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've tried both now thanks to a recent gift. Both were good, but I am still learning about cigars and taste preferences.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
What if we've had both and don't like either?

drew
Based on the last two possible poll entries I'm guessing one edged out the other to at least a small amount for the least suckiest of the two. If you are absolutely sure that they sucked exactly equaly, we may have a problem and I'll have to work on version 1.1 of the pole... Dam, forgot about the people who tried both and like each equaly as well. Gota think harder next time. Maybe I should retitle the thread to exclude people who thoght both sucked equaly.

Nay, all too much work. I'm gonna have a smoke, smile and think about it as the sun sets.

And remember, "If you decide not to decide, you still have made a choice"

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
OK, so i finally got to smoke one of the Don Carlos sticks; the robusto.

I thought it was a great cigar. The first 4 or 5 puffs had me saying, geesh, this is going to be one spicy sum'bitch, but after about 1/4 inch, it really started blending and mellowing. It turned into a pretty well balnced flavor bomb. The draw was light, burn was picture perfect. Ash was good as well, not that that means a whole lot, but thought it worth mentioning.

Definitely a different blend that carlitos. Everyone is right about these, they need some humi time to mature and mellow, i'd guess maybe 3 years minimium.

So if i could vote again, i'd say i definitely like the carlito blend much better. And i wouldn't say that i'd buy a box of these at $20 ea. The Carlitos, yes, i'd buy, but probably not these. Now ask me that in 3 years when i try my next one and i might change my mind and wish i'd bought a box. But again, all in all, a very good cigar.