What's new

Poll: Have you ever had a Beetle Problem?

Poll: Have you ever had a Beetle problem?

• Yes... and I still live in fear.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • No... still have a perfectly in tact stash.

Votes: 124 86.1%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Didn't see a poll on this. I have been wondering whether to try and put refrigeration into my cabinet... so it got me thinking. Have any of you ever had a Beetle outbreak?

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
No but pretty much from day one I have always had a wine cooler.
I used to keep a small desktop at my GF's house and For extended times it would be 80 to 90 in there during the summer.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Luckily, no...never had a problem, but I was always afraid until I went with cooled units. I went through a spell of freezing the imports, but in retrospect I should probably have not done that. They seemed to smoke just fine, but looking back on it, that's a lot of stress to put on a box of smokes. Just an opinion and I have nothing to base it on except anxiety!

Living in the hot and humid south, desktops or room temp cabinets just don't cut it.

The pics I've seen of beetle damage are pretty scary!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Yup had one in my 200 ct desktop. Caught it early and only lost about a dozen cigars. Rest went into the freezer for a week. No problems since.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Not yet, but I check mine daily. The theory is I will catch it early if I ever (knock on wood) do have a problem. Though I'm probably the only person on the board that would probably keep them (away from my cigars of course) if I found them. Put a label on them that says Gurkha Disposal :laugh:.

Dan

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Only Beatles Problem I ever had was in 1967.............couldn't make up my mind which was my favorite song.....or Album..........

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
No, but I saw a Punch Rare Corojo Crystal in a shop the other week that was eaten up by one. I thought of buying it for the hell of it but got paranoid just picking it up.