Poll: Verizon's iPhone

Verizon iPhone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Just curious as to what the trend will be here. Today's WSJ says AT&T is not worried about Verizon. I use a Droid and am quite content.

Last edited:

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I have Verizon and love my Droid, when its time for an upgrade I will grab the newest Droid.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I chose happy with carrier and phone, though that's not exactly true. I would prefer an
i4, but I've got a few months to go before I can upgrade. That being the case, I expect an update before or right around then so I'll be sitting on my hands waiting. As to carrier, while I'm not in love with AT&T, it's not been the bear that it apparently is to many and compared to Verizon it is the only one of the two that actually works at my house. Verizon is pretty much a dead-zone in my immediate neighborhood, no idea why. And of all the times I've been with Verizon, be it phone or anything else (I have FIOS), they've never failed to F up my bill the first few months, so I'm in no hurry to go back when it comes to cell phone service.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I currently own a 3G, 3GS, and a 4. They get passed down to wife and oldest daughter. I have been happy since I got them. If Verizon had the same service but cheaper than the $200 a month I am spending, then I'd switch.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Just curious as to what the trend will be here. Today's WSJ says AT&T is not worried about Verizon because they have the majority of their iPhone users under contract. I use a Droid and am quite content.
Contracts have essentially no bearing on a provider's ability to retain customers. Almost every provider I am familiar with offer to buy out prospective customers' current contracts.

I have an HTC Desire with Cell South and I love it!

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I'm riding my 18-month, abused 3GS as long as humanly possible. I've been a tool with technology, ie have to have the newest thing upon release, for too long. Tired of the consumerism. I don't think I'd consider switching to a carrier where transmitting data & voice concurrently is not an option, either.

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Contracts have essentially no bearing on a provider's ability to retain customers. Almost every provider I am familiar with offer to buy out prospective customers' current contracts.
Good to know this.:thumbsup:

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
iPhone 4 on AT&T no issues here. I have no reason to switch. Service is great and I can talk and use data at the same time, CDMA/EVDO cannot.
The only problem is they overcharge the shit out of us. There no reason my bill should be over $140 a month, but it is.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The only problem is they overcharge the shit out of us. There no reason my bill should be over $140 a month, but it is.
Better things cost more. OK, they don't have 4G for phones yet but the area that you can make calls in is much greater. If you're in one place all the time then AT&T or T-mobile is fine but if you're on the road a lot a better company is worth it. I know people with the other carriers and they drop calls all of the time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a three iPhone family with unlimited data for $200/mo with zero dropped calls... I am ATT 4 Life.

I'll wager that all the network latency and bandwidth issues that were "only with AT&T" will be moving Verizon's way. In fact, moving some AT&T users to Verizon, will accelerate this QOS issue.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have an Iphone with ATT. I was driving through Roseville, CA, a very well populated and developed suburb of Sacramento, when my call dropped 3 times.

Absolutely NO EXCUSE in this day and age for dropped calls. For crying out loud it is 2011. That said, I will switch to Verizon as soon as they figure out how to handle calls and web simultaneously.

Last edited:

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm required to use all Apple products. I was with Verizon from the early days. ATt is ok, I wouldn't say any carrier is great, iPhone 4 is amazing, iPad I'm using now, MacBook, I need to get use too, too different. Most none iPhone guys want to show what there phone can do as far as features. I have XM app plug it into my car and instant Stern!