What's new

Popcorn

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So we were chatting the other day joking about all my popcorn talk. I thought what the heck...

Lets hear your latest (greatest) popcorn creations.

Mine would have to be Cajun Kettle Corn. Sweet and heat. Why not!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I've tried it with coconut oil, too. That's really good. I would think that bacon grease (which I am a huge proponent of) would be a bit too heavy. I'll have to try it.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yep sorry. A pound of bacon cooked and use the grease for the popcorn then crumble the bacon up in the bowl an serve.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
bacon grease is awesome. i have also used rendered fat from sausage.

more often than not, though, i go with olive oil and salt. sometimes butter, and sometimes nutritional yeast (tastes kinda like that powdered cheese stuff, and loaded with vitamins and minerals). on rare occasions, i have tossed dried parmesan or queso fresco/cotija. i also mix up the salt with different spices... garlic salt, cumin, correander, paprika, tumeric, garam masala, etc...

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Hmmm, I bet you could mix in fresh garlic into the butter/oil and then, once the popcorn is finished, toss it with Parmesan. Garlic-Parmesan popcorn with crumbled bacon? Yes please!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
they sell garlic infused olive oils

might work just as well without worrying about the garlic burning
Good point. In fact, you could probably use garlic salt after it's popped and toss it with the Parmesan. I actually do that with Tater Tots. My brothers, let me tell you - garlic-parm tater tots are the ultimate hangover cure (not that I ever need that, of course!)

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
"Back in the day", movie theaters would ask if you wanted "butter" on your popcorn. If you said yes, they'd drizzle very warm butter flavoring on your popcorn until you said when. My ex girlfriend would buy M&M's, dump them on top of the popcorn, and then ask for the butter drizzle. This would melt the M&M's deliciously into the popcorn...It was freakin awesome!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
There are 2 well known seasonings you can buy almost anywhere that are delicious on popcorn...

Old Bay, and Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning.

YUMMY!
I have a friend over in the Isle of Man who had never had Old Bay. He was sent some by another mutual friend and he was putting it on everything.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
"Back in the day", movie theaters would ask if you wanted "butter" on your popcorn. If you said yes, they'd drizzle very warm butter flavoring on your popcorn until you said when. My ex girlfriend would buy M&M's, dump them on top of the popcorn, and then ask for the butter drizzle. This would melt the M&M's deliciously into the popcorn...It was freakin awesome!
Then try THIS: Make your popcorn with just butter and salt. But as soon as it is done (and still hot) toss in a bunch of milk duds and mix it up. For all the single guys out there who want to impress a date but aren't cooks - this works just as well.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
My ex use to do that too. It use to piss me the f*#k off to get chocolate all over my hands.... I'm weird like that though.

I haven't made it in a long time but I use to make popcorn on one of the old rotary machines. I'd throw olive oil on the kernels and the butter, garlic salt and seasoned salt when they were done. It always turned out really good.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I have a mircowave popper and usually get popcorn at farmers markets. The popper uses just a little oil, so I wouldn't think I get much flavor from it. I love parm, old bay, fresh cracked pepper. YUM!