What's new

Possible fakes....what do you think?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Don't dissect it. If they are legit then you just commited a sin in my book:grin: Smoke one first then make a determination.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seriously guys, bands don't matter. Some fakes have legit bands, and some legit bands look so terrible as to make you think they could be fake..

the only way to know is to know the vendor, or know what the cigar SHOULD taste like.
I totally agree, Cuba is hurting really bad from the economic downturn and they are not throwing anything away. If the printers spit out a bad batch of labels they are still going to use them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you guys don't buy many Cuban cigars. But if you will follow Tandblov advice I have Cohiva's, Partagus, & Minticristo's you guys will love! :hysterica

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
seriously guys, bands don't matter. Some fakes have legit bands, and some legit bands look so terrible as to make you think they could be fake..

the only way to know is to know the vendor, or know what the cigar SHOULD taste like.
Could not have said it better, especially the part in bold.

And G-smoke, could you please put me on your list?

Thanks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you guys don't buy many Cuban cigars. But if you will follow Tandblov advice I have Cohiva's, Partagus, & Minticristo's you guys will love! :hysterica
Even actually been to Cuba GS? Please add me to your list also.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0

Have to agree here. Not claiming to be an expert but, I work in a cigar store in Canada that sells 80% Cuban cigars and go to the Habanos festival every year. I have seen fakes that would fool the head of Habanos, until he smoked it, and I have seen legit cigars that we refused to sell at our store as they looked worse then most fakes I have seen. And yes they were real as they tasted right.

Appearance is never 100% reliable but knowing your sources and how things are supposed to taste will take you much farther.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have to agree here. Not claiming to be an expert but, I work in a cigar store in Canada that sells 80% Cuban cigars and go to the Habanos festival every year. I have seen fakes that would fool the head of Habanos, until he smoked it, and I have seen legit cigars that we refused to sell at our store as they looked worse then most fakes I have seen. And yes they were real as they tasted right.

Appearance is never 100% reliable but knowing your sources and how things are supposed to taste will take you much farther.
So what you are saying is that the cigar pictured below with that ban could be the real deal? And what I mean is an actual Cohiba Siglo V?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3

dang it arron now he's not gonna buy any CCs from you either
:lookaroun

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
So what you are saying is that the cigar pictured below with that ban could be the real deal? And what I mean is an actual Cohiba Siglo V?

No I doubt it is but I don't count the bands as the only thing. I doubt that it is real more from the lack of trusted source then the band though. Not a great band I have very little faith in Cuban quality control.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Real or fake, I agree––if you know what the genuine ones taste like, you can compare (though the band does look off). If not, you've still got some free smokes with an amusing story to tell about them, so try them out and hopefully you'll enjoy them. If not, they're bad smokes and you still have a story to tell (but that's just me...I like stories....)

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Pretty good looking counterfeit - But I think G-Smoke is correct.

The name cuts into the 3rd row of squares

The thing is with the counterfeits the squares aren't usually so perfectly square.

"Habana Cuba" is a different type set. Although Cohiba does make multiple bands.