What's new

Post your blade(s)?! I am interested in knowing what is everybody's EDC.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How do you like the performance of the s35vn? I really like the s30v and considering grabbing an blade in the 35. But, I’m just not seeing enough attributes to dive in. I think the only advantage of the 35 over 30 is that it’s supposed to me more tough and less likely to have chipping issues. i just don’t know if that’s enough...but simply having on in that steel may be enough.

I’m not really into folders much - got away from those a while back. Still have a few - but they rarely beat out my Bark River EDC. I’m just a fixed blade person - and they make great folders.

I’ve been carrying a blackwashed kerahaw link in s35vn for the last 2 months; before that it was the same knife in m390.

Little small in the handle for my hand, but very convenient and quick to deploy for edc tasks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How do you like the performance of the s35vn? I really like the s30v and considering grabbing an blade in the 35. But, I’m just not seeing enough attributes to dive in. I think the only advantage of the 35 over 30 is that it’s supposed to me more tough and less likely to have chipping issues. i just don’t know if that’s enough...but simply having on in that steel may be enough.

I’m not really into folders much - got away from those a while back. Still have a few - but they rarely beat out my Bark River EDC. I’m just a fixed blade person - and they make great folders.
apologize for the bad English... what I meant was... I’m a fixed blade guy..., BUT there are great folders out there.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0

If you zoom in on the picture you will find that it’s still pretty chippy. IMHO s30v and s35vn are still pretty much equally prone to chipping. I hate sharpening m390/CTS-204p but my favorite fixed blade is an m390 for durability and retention on the blade.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you zoom in on the picture you will find that it’s still pretty chippy. IMHO s30v and s35vn are still pretty much equally prone to chipping. I hate sharpening m390/CTS-204p but my favorite fixed blade is an m390 for durability and retention on the blade.

Good to know. I wondered because the composition really isn’t that different. The S30V I have is a hunk of steel on the Benchmade Bushcrafter. I really like that knife. I don’t really have chipping issues - but, I also generally use it only for cleaning whitetail deer. Many think it’s too thick, but in my experience, it glides and does a fantastic job. And the handle shape is no issue for me - I actually like it. My brother has a Bugout - and it’s S30V as well, so interested in seeing how that super thin flat grind holds up. I really do think the blade thickness and edge geometry make a difference.

I’ve not gotten into the M390 yet. Prefer to find in a fixed blade I’ll actually use. And my knife stash is doing OK! Thanks for the info.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just because I was smoking and had this on the belt today. This is my preferred EDC blade. If it looks pretty new - I had to sent to bark river for some work. I botched up the tip, but they repaired at no cost. I lost a little length, but - that’s ok. Some people complain about the size, especially the handle - but - it’s not a chopper people! For daily tasks and even some larger chores - it’s just about as perfect as you can get for a fixed blade EDC. No, they aren’t cheap - but, you’ll feel the difference in quality.

B5C4488A-5F81-4771-BFE4-9DC39FEDB2CC.jpeg

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Just because I was smoking and had this on the belt today. This is my preferred EDC blade. If it looks pretty new - I had to sent to bark river for some work. I botched up the tip, but they repaired at no cost. I lost a little length, but - that’s ok. Some people complain about the size, especially the handle - but - it’s not a chopper people! For daily tasks and even some larger chores - it’s just about as perfect as you can get for a fixed blade EDC. No, they aren’t cheap - but, you’ll feel the difference in quality.

View attachment 144108
Which Barkie is that?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm a big Bravo 1 and Gunny fan.

sweet! What steels do you have those in? I’m not a fan of the ramps, so I’d go rampless. Some guy who’s a bark river nut on you tube states the a2 is way to on Canadian special. Has better edge geometry and sharper than 3v. I got the Benchmade Puukko to test out 3v. Not necessarily fair comparison - but, at least get to play with the steel a little.

I want to get a Bravo, but not sure what steel or LT or Regular. I almost bought a Gunny Hunter, but I already have blades that size that don’t need replaced. Once you have a Bark River, they seem to push others out of the picture - such a quality knife.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
sweet! What steels do you have those in? I’m not a fan of the ramps, so I’d go rampless. Some guy who’s a bark river nut on you tube states the a2 is way to on Canadian special. Has better edge geometry and sharper than 3v. I got the Benchmade Puukko to test out 3v. Not necessarily fair comparison - but, at least get to play with the steel a little.

I want to get a Bravo, but not sure what steel or LT or Regular. I almost bought a Gunny Hunter, but I already have blades that size that don’t need replaced. Once you have a Bark River, they seem to push others out of the picture - such a quality knife.
Those are all A2, but I have a newer model Bravo 1 models in 3V, and a Gunny in Elmax.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is a great knife - been using now for a while - played with it again outside. Trying to get it back to sharpening so I can remove the shoulder on the micro bevel completely...will be great when the convex conversion is done. This 3v takes a while to sharpen.... we won’t call it an EDC...but, when outdoors - it’s good. I still want hi k the fallkniven f1 might be better than this benchmade though... dunno. We’ll see.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I pulled a bonehead move while returning from vacation. I usually thow my pocket knife into my shaving kit when packing for the last day of a trip but this time, I left it in my carry-on. So into the TSA bin it went. Disappointing ...but it did give me the opportunity to upgrade. Same maker and model... Case XX Peanut...but nicer scales:

Yeah, I'm a grampa.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Not exactly an EDC, but picked up a Morakniv Craftline Robust Trade for my hiking pack. What a ridiculously good value knife ($14.50 shipped from Amazon, junk sheath included).
Mora's are great. My first knife was a Mora that my grandfather gave me. Simple, but great. I still have a few.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk