Lotion: Everyman Jack Signature Mint
Cologne: Aqua Di Gio

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Mike's Natural Soap Lemongrass Eucalyptus( http://www.mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_Natural_Soaps/Tallow_shave_tin.html ) and an Edwin Jagger DE89L razor with PolSilver blade.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
I've heard lots of good things about Mikes Natural Soaps. Plan to get some and add it to my rotation, as soon as I run out of one of my other soaps/creams.
Mike's Natural Soaps and Stirling Soap Company are my favorite tallow artisanal(spelling?) shaving soaps.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I'm a big fan of Stirling soaps as well. They make a great product for the $$.

I also see that they have put out some new soaps. Look forward to giving the Bay Rum a try.

Todays Shave:

Prep: Hot shower and washed my facial hair with conditioner
Pre: Proraso Pre Shave
Brush: Semogue 2013 Owners Club Limited Edition badger/boar mix
Soap: Stirling Cool
Razor: Edwin Jagger Barley
Blade: Feather
Aftershave: Aquq Velva Classic Ice Blue
Cologne: Nautica Blue

After not shaving for 3 days. I was in need of a shave. Had to do 4 passes today.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been rocking a beard for a long time, but when I do shave I do the Axis Power Combo-

Merkur Futur (German), Feather Blades (Japanese) and Proraso Shaving Cream and Splash (Italian)

I've tried many lotions and cremes... I learned to keep it simple and easy, no need to mess with different products when I can get a perfect shave for cheap just using the proraso stuff and a feather blade.

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've been rocking a beard for a long time, but when I do shave I do the Axis Power Combo-

Merkur Futur (German), Feather Blades (Japanese) and Proraso Shaving Cream and Splash (Italian)

I've tried many lotions and cremes... I learned to keep it simple and easy, no need to mess with different products when I can get a perfect shave for cheap just using the proraso stuff and a feather blade.
Nice set up millhouse

Originally I wanted to just keep it simple. But hanging out on the B&B forum, is kind of like hanging out on this site. You read these great threads about differen't shaving products. Then you get all excited and end up purchasing them. Next thing you know you have a half dozen razors, 200+ razor blades, half dozen aftershaves, half dozen soaps and creams in your rotation and another half dozen waiting to be used, 2 brushes in your rotation and 2 more you haven't used yet and a shelf full of colognes. I could go on. But I think you get the idea.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Prep: Hot Shower
Pre: Prorasso Pre shave (Just found out that if you get this close enough to your nose. It works alot like Vicks)
Cream: Tabac
Brush: Semogue 2012 OC badger/boar mix
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Aftershave: Skin Bracer by Mennen
Lotion: Everymanjjack Signature mint
Cologne: Eddie Bauer Adventure

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Nice set up millhouse

Originally I wanted to just keep it simple. But hanging out on the B&B forum, is kind of like hanging out on this site. You read these great threads about differen't shaving products. Then you get all excited and end up purchasing them. Next thing you know you have a half dozen razors, 200+ razor blades, half dozen aftershaves, half dozen soaps and creams in your rotation and another half dozen waiting to be used, 2 brushes in your rotation and 2 more you haven't used yet and a shelf full of colognes. I could go on. But I think you get the idea.
Thanks.

I am actually on the B&B forum. I am not an active poster. I still don't get the excitement of trying different products and lotions. Once I learned how to consistently achieve a perfect shave, I felt my mission was accomplished.

As with cigars, there is no such thing as a perfect cigar, that is why being an enthusiast makes sense to me.

But whatever makes you happy is all that matters brother.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Just finished up with a nice morning shave:

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: Queen Charlotte
Brush: Semogue 2012 Owners Club Badger/Boar mix
Post: Dickensons Witch Hazel with Menthol Crystals I added to make it extra cold
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Today's shave:

1953 Gillette President Razor
Shark Super Chrome blade
The Men's Soap Shop no. 3
Edwin Jagger Silver Tip
Mistral Post-Shave Balm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
^ Nice set up there:)

That razor is a classic.

I like old skool and new skool razors. Both of them have features I like.

Those 50's Gilletes had the best handles. Nice and grippy like a razor handle should be.

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Did a quick shave last night before went I went out on the town.

Pre: Razorock pro shave lube
Brush: Semogue 2012 Semogue SE Badger/boar
Soap: Arko stick
Razor: Merkur 1904/1906 AKA 42C
Aftershave: Pinaud Lime Sec

Just did a quick basic shave before I hit the town and got a damm fine shave.

If you don't mind the Ivory/medical scent of Arko soap stick it's the bang for your buck champ.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
^ Nice set up there:)

That razor is a classic.

I like old skool and new skool razors. Both of them have features I like.

Those 50's Gilletes had the best handles. Nice and grippy like a razor handle should be.
I was at an antique shop last weekend (wife's idea ;)) and I almost picked up a single blade razor from the turn of the century, but it was a little too old skool (not to mention rusty).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I never used to care about about going to antique shows and shops as my Mom used to drag me to them as a kid. Now that I'm into DE shaving. If I see one now, I'll check it out for DE razors.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Prep: Hot shower with conditioner
Brush: Semogue 2012 Owners Club SE 2012
Cream: Biotique Bio Palmyra
Razor: Merkur 42 1904/1906
Aftershave: Skin Bracer by Mennen
Cologne: Eddie Bauer Adventure

After a couple of days off, it feels good to have shaved again. Biotique Bio Palmyra is becoming my "go to" shave cream.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Anything you want to unload? Maybe put together a little starter package?

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Anything you want to unload? Maybe put together a little starter package?
PM sent:)