What's new

Post your shave of the day here

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My new setup, kinda a newb to DE razors used my old mans a few times a few yrs back and was skeptical....... Now i have my own and love it!

-DE Merkur 180 long handle w/ merkur blade till i get some Feather blades
- basic Badger brush
-Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood shave soap
-Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food as a preshave oil/aftershave

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice set up Bill6211789

I've heard some good things about that Trumpers Skin Food. Look forward to trying it sometime soon.

My father never had a DE razor set up that I know of. He was a cartridge and Barbersol guy and still is. I remember some of his friends DE shaved. As I used to see them in their bathroom. They looked cool and I wanted a set up like that when I got old enough to shave. But after trying my Dad's cartridge razor and making a bloody mess of my face. I didn't have much desire. Big mistake, though I don't know if I would have known where or what to get started with back then.

Right now is a great era for DE shaving. With the internet you have access to more shaving supply's than ever.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Definitely try some of the skin food out, it's a little on the expensive side (~30$ for 100ml) my only complaint is its much stronger scented then the shave soap. Its not a bad scent just much heavier than i expected.

If i didnt have the Internet i wouldn't have ever been able to get the wet shaving stuff. Local all i cam find are generic blades/soap and cheap brushes

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Had a nice shave this morning

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso Pre shave
Soap: Stirling cool
Brush: Semogue owners club LE 2012 badger/boar
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Astra Superior platinum
Aftershave: Osage rub
Lotion: Everyman Jack signature mint

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Had a nice shave, but cut the bottem of my chin this morning. Must respect the Feather

Prep: Splashed warm water on my face for a few minutes
Pre: Proraso Pre Shave
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar (decided to give my Semogue a break)
Cream: Tabac
Razor: Edwin Jagger Barley
Blade: Feather
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Lotion: Everyman Jack Signature Mint
Cologne: Burberry London

Will be leaving the house and going to the Titans & Seahawks game.

Go Hawks!!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Pre: Proraso Pre Shave
Soap: Arko Stick
Brush: Omega 10005
Razor: Merkur 43C
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Aftershave: Razorock Aftershave Wax
Cologne: Nautica Blue

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
After a couple of days off it felt good to get a nice shave in this morning

Pre: Proraso pre shave (felt good and cool on my face this morning, opened my sinuses a little too)
Brush: Omega 10005 boar (This was my first brush and I like to keep it in the rotation)
Cream: Biotique Bio Palmyra (My current "go to" cream/soap)
Razor: Edwin Jager DE 89 with barley handle
Blade(s) Started out with a feather that I had been using and it finally got dull on me about 3/4 of the way on my 1st pass. Tried a Sputnik blade from a sampler I received. Sputnik was nothing special.
Post: Dickensons witch hazel that I spiked with menthol crystals to make it nice and cool on the skin
Aftershave: Skin Bracer by Mennen: Enjoying the menthol. Why let up?
Lotion: Everyman Jack: Signature Mint (it's my only face lotion, like it a lot)

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Felt good to break out the double edge as I can't stand my Braun electric razor anymore.

Pre: Razorock pro shave lube
Cream: Queen Charlotte with Queen Charlotte's house sent
Brush: Omega 10005 boar
Razor: Gillette 1959 Superspeed flare tip
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Aftershave: Pinaud lime sec
Cologne: Bill Blass Amazing

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Had a great shave today

Pre: Proraso pre shave
Soap: Stirling cool
Razor: 1959 Gillette Superspeed
Blade: Crystal
Aftershave: Aqua Velva ice blue
Cologne: Bijan

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Prep: Hot shower and washed face with Jack Black face buff (love the Jack Black line expensive but so far ive loved all the products)
Pre: Geo F Trumper sandalwood skinfood
Brush: basic Badger brush
Soap: Geo F Trumper Sandalwood hard soap
Razor: Merkur 180 long handle
Blade: Shark
Cologne: Guess Suede

Also bought some Jack Black shave soap and beard lube for preshave today, looking forward to trying that out tomorrow evening!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've heard some great things about Jack Black products

Let us know what you think of them.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Prep: Hot Shower
Pre: Forgot to use any this morning
Soap: Queen Charlote Provence scent
Razor: Merkur 42C
Post: Dickensons witch hazel with menthol crystals added to make it cold
Aftershave: Skin Bracer by Mennen
Cologne: Bijan (really like this cologne)

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Pre: Proraso pre shave
Cream: C. O. Bigelow
Brush: 2012 badger/boar mix owners club
Razor: 1959 Gilette Superspeed flair tip
Aftershave: Osage Rub

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Had a terrible shave last night. While I got a close shave, I also got a case of wicker razor burn.

Pre: Prorazo pre shave
Brush: Semogue 2012 owners club badger/boar mix
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 barley
blade: Sput nik (I think this was the culprit as it was the only thing out of the ordinary)
Aftershave: Pinaud Bay rum

Like I said that spud nik blade was no good. Kept having to go over and over to get a smooth shave. Must have done 4 passes + touch ups. When I splashed on the bay rub my face, it burned like battery acid and my face turned red. Didn't sleep the best last night either as my pillow felt rough on my face. It feels better this morning and I did get a smooth shave. Going to let my face recover for a couple of days.:peace:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
What do you guys recommend for someone looking to get into a classic shave?

-Low budget
-coming from a Gillette proglide/ Panasonic electric

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
Hi Gent,

I posted a kind of tutorial on getting started, I think it's stickied in the health/beauty form. I recommended getting a classic Gillette DE razor on ebay for $15-$20 to start with. You can also find over-seas made DE razors similar to the the Gillette's for a few bucks less. DE blades and mugs/soap/brushes are available at a lot of drug stores or of course online. I haven't found a good physical location for the razors themselves for some reason.

Use hot water & take your time and you'll be joining us down this slippery slope in no time!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hi Gent,

I posted a kind of tutorial on getting started, I think it's stickied in the health/beauty form. I recommended getting a classic Gillette DE razor on ebay for $15-$20 to start with. You can also find over-seas made DE razors similar to the the Gillette's for a few bucks less. DE blades and mugs/soap/brushes are available at a lot of drug stores or of course online. I haven't found a good physical location for the razors themselves for some reason.

Use hot water & take your time and you'll be joining us down this slippery slope in no time!
Oh God, another slope. Hot_Sauce has put together a VERY nice and generous package for me. I really can't wait to get started.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Pre: Proraso Pre shave
Brush: Semogue 2012 special edition owners club
Soap: Arko stick
Razor: Merkur 42C
Aftershave: Pinaud Lime Sec
Lotion: Everyman Jack Signature mint
Cologne: Bill Blass Amazing

After giving my face a break for a few days. It felt good to shave again

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hi Gent,

Oh God, another slope. Hot_Sauce has put together a VERY nice and generous package for me. I really can't wait to get started.
This is what happens when you get "started" in DE shaving... Pretty much the same as our cigars. I have enough soaps, razors, blades, etc. to last at least 5 years... The bin below are just my shaving soaps & creams.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi Gent,

This is what happens when you get "started" in DE shaving... Pretty much the same as our cigars. I have enough soaps, razors, blades, etc. to last at least 5 years... The bin below are just my shaving soaps & creams.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
That is what im trying to avoid doing........ At least while i get my 1,000 cigar humidor built/bought and get into pipe smoking.

Cars, cigars, wet shaving, aquariums and good bourbon...... Are there any more expensive hobbies a 24yr old can pick up? Ha

Sent from my Galaxy Tab2