42   0   0
SOTD 9th of December 2018
Brush : Masseto 30mm silvertip
Razor : Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade : Q-Ball Personna
Cream : Mem Olive
Aftershave : Floid Suave Mentolate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That there is an excellent shave brother. Love the DE89 and Floid.

Reactions: KLF
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
SOTD 10th of December 2018

Razor : Karve, plate B
Blade : Q-Ball Personna
Brush : Wolf Whiskers, Maggard synthetic knot 24mm
Soap & AS: Mickey Lee Colonia Di Agrumi

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nice looking shave there. Can never get on the list for the Wolf Whisker Brush. Heard Good things about Mickey Lee Soaps.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Figured I’d try to revive this thread with 4 unlikely hero’s in my rotation. After about 3 years of DE Shaving I ended up experiencing consistent razor burn and bumps on my neck area. My face was also prone to this around my jawline. At the time I was using my Merkur 34G for my face and a Merkur 23C long handle for my neck and jawline. Each was paired with Feather Blades. I was using mainly Soap Commander and Distilled Water. At one point this setup worked perfectly for me and left my face BBS without any issue, until recently.

So I decided to switch things up and go back to my original setup, which was my introduction to this great hobby. Gotta say the results have been pretty spot on, and I’ve only had one shave that resulted in razor burn.

Soap: RazoRock XXX
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Razor: Merkur 34G (face/neck)
Brush: Semogue 620...my new favorite brush

Bonus tip: I read somewhere that Alum Block is great for using to stretch out your skin, so I’ve been rubbing my fingers on my Alum before picking up my razor. This way I can get those pesky stragglers on my jawline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
20190526_073627.jpg
I recently shaved my winter beard and started shaving with a de razor again.

Preshave: fresh out of a hot shower
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (today was the first time I tried this soap)
Brush: Perfecto Pure badger
Razor: Merkur 42c
Blade: Cheap merkur blade
Aftershave: Proraso green (first time using this too)

This shave went smooth as could be. Started with a nice, hot shower. The MWF shave soap lathered in the bowl easily and was pleasantly thick, though seemed thin when brushed on. The thin appearance of the lather on my face was mildly concerning but I had zero issues with the shave. The razor glided across my skin smoothly and didn't tug at all. I did two passes, down and then across, and ended up with a close, smooth shave. A rinse with cold water and then on to the aftershave. I hadn't tried Proraso before but had heard good things. It lived up to its reputation and will be in my rotation for the foreseeable future.

I had almost forgotten how relaxing and enjoyable a good old fashioned shave can be.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
20190527_200105.jpg
Today's shave of the day was great. I got a "new" razor, a vintage Old Type Gillette coded to 1917. My wife thinks I'm nuts for buying and using a 102 year old razor.

Preshave: fresh washed face with hot water
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
Brush: Perfecto Pure Badger (I want to invest in a better brush but this one functions just fine for now)
Razor: 1917 Gillette Old Type
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Aftershave: Proraso Green

This new razor is definitely more aggressive than my merkur 42c, which is not a bad thing. Shaved smooth with only a little tugging during the second pass, though I'm sure that was due to technique. Also, the MWF soap seemed lacking lather on second pass. Perhaps I didn't get enough soap to make a sufficient amount but I don't know, I'm still fairly inexperienced with this classic method of shaving. All in all it resulted in a good shave.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have been wanting to get a safety razor and start wet shaving for awhile now. After getting some advice from @sean and @PetersCreek I took the plunge!

Captains Choice is good stuff. Check out Maggard Razors or Italian Barber or Stirling Soaps for samples of different soaps and aftershaves. My advice is to buy a bunch of samples to try out a see what you like. Excellent companies to deal with. Maggards and Stirling ship very quick. Italian Barber is in Canada so they take a little longer.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0

Really enjoying it but having a hard time getting a good lather with the brush I have. Anyone have an extra badger brush they’d be interested in doing a trade for?