What's new

Post your shave of the day here

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Tim, not sure if this helps but.... your brush looks drenched. Are you sure it is the brush hair that's the issue, or have you tried using less water?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Pic was after I rinsed it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Tim, shake most of the water out of the brush before going to the soap and spend more time lathering on the soap, like a couple minutes. Add water slowly to the brush. A few drops at a time, until it feels right. Every soap requires it’s own process.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Tim, shake most of the water out of the brush before going to the soap and spend more time lathering on the soap, like a couple minutes. Add water slowly to the brush. A few drops at a time, until it feels right. Every soap requires it’s own process.
K I’ll keep experimenting thx

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
K I’ll keep experimenting thx

While you're in the shower put some water on the soap itself an let it bloom. You'll be surprised at the lather this will achieve. You can use the bloom water as pre-shave lotion. I usually bloom my soap and soak my brush in hot tap water while in the shower.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
While you're in the shower put some water on the soap itself an let it bloom. You'll be surprised at the lather this will achieve. You can use the bloom water as pre-shave lotion. I usually bloom my soap and soak my brush in hot tap water while in the shower.
Interesting

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Time to bump the thread here and get some fresh bodies here (including me!!) Well, in a group chat I'm in with a bunch of guys here from the forum, I went on a rant a few weeks back that thanks to the 'rona, my beard had to go (at least for now). Someone :cough: Kelvin @K Williams) thought it be a good time to get me kicked off the wet shaving cliff. Honestly, I wish I got into this sooner since I've been shopping for expensive throw away blades that cost $30 for 4 and last maybe a few weeks if I'm lucky. But Kelvin took it into his own hands and decided to nuke me with a whole wet shave setup. The timing was spot on. Maybe I need to shut up in our group chats because now people are watching. Yeah, Kelvin, I'm talking about you!!!! I'm pretty sure I'll probably be going back and forth to growing the beard and wet shaving because I do enjoy both.

I'm trying to follow the OP ways of the shave setup. So I'll put my previous 3 shaves up from the past few days since starting my wet shave journey.

Very first go at wet shave:

Prep: Warm water on a washcloth
Brush: Maggard Razors Synthetic brush
Cream: Ariana & Evans Summer Fig
Razor: Maggard Razor DE MR-11
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Summer Fig
Cologne: None

2nd shave:

Cream: Proraso Green
Aftershave: None

Yesterday's shave:

Cream: Ariana & Evans Vanille De Tobac (sample)

After watching some YouTube videos that Kelvin recommended I have to say I got a few good pointers on different techniques and more so "how-to" instruction. Wheeeeee off the cliff and down the slopes I go.....

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Time to bump the thread here and get some fresh bodies here (including me!!) Well, in a group chat I'm in with a bunch of guys here from the forum, I went on a rant a few weeks back that thanks to the 'rona, my beard had to go (at least for now). Someone :cough: Kelvin @K Williams) thought it be a good time to get me kicked off the wet shaving cliff. Honestly, I wish I got into this sooner since I've been shopping for expensive throw away blades that cost $30 for 4 and last maybe a few weeks if I'm lucky. But Kelvin took it into his own hands and decided to nuke me with a whole wet shave setup. The timing was spot on. Maybe I need to shut up in our group chats because now people are watching. Yeah, Kelvin, I'm talking about you!!!! I'm pretty sure I'll probably be going back and forth to growing the beard and wet shaving because I do enjoy both.

I'm trying to follow the OP ways of the shave setup. So I'll put my previous 3 shaves up from the past few days since starting my wet shave journey.

2nd shave:

Yesterday's shave:

After watching some YouTube videos that Kelvin recommended I have to say I got a few good pointers on different techniques and more so "how-to" instruction. Wheeeeee off the cliff and down the slopes I go.....

I made the move to wet shaving about 6 years ago and I'm never going back to shaving soap in a can and disposable razors.

One of the best Youtube channel is PaulHFilms.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I made the move to wet shaving about 6 years ago and I'm never going back to shaving soap in a can and disposable razors.

One of the best Youtube channel is PaulHFilms.
Thanks for the info!! I’ll check it out. If I ever go back to my beard and need to shave it all off (again), I’ll definitely be wet shaving from here on out....

Rating - 100%
42   0   0

2nd shave:

Yesterday's shave:

I noticed you did not use aftershave. Is it because of sensitive skin or allergic reaction?

Try both or anyone of these. I have them both in my rotation.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I noticed you did not use aftershave. Is it because of sensitive skin or allergic reaction?

Try both or anyone of these. I have them both in my rotation.

View attachment 148508
I’ll have to check these out!! Thanks. I have a feeling I have that exact Nivea bottle in my cabinet. Been a very long while since I shaved though so I need to do some digging tomorrow.

I have the Ariana and Evans Summer Fig aftershave that was gifted to me from Kelvin also. I’m going to use it when I rotate to that shave soap.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

2nd shave:

Yesterday's shave:

Good to hear that you're enjoying traditional wet shaving! Enjoy!