Post here on what you used to shave with today and how it went

Prep: Hot shower and Razorock Pro shave lube
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Cream: Tabac
Razor: Merkur 42c
Balde: Astra Superior platinum
Aftershave: Razorock Aftershave wax
Cologne: Nautica discovery

The only hitch in my shave this morning was that my razor was tugging right off the bat. Knew instantly that the blade needed to be changed out. After that everything went really smooth. No nic's, cuts or razorburn. Ended up with an excellent shave and my face feels great!!:yes:

Last edited:

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I can get down with this thread, love seeing how other's go about this.

Prep: Hot Shower followed by Proraso Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Omega Badger
Razor: Merkur Black Handle
Blade: Astra Platinum
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond St.: St. James Scent
Aftershave: Nivea post shave balm
Cologne: Billy Jealousy Illicit

No problems with the shave, even with 4 previous on the blade. Smooth as a hot knife through butter, even on my third pass. Smooth as I can be after this morning.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Prep: Hot shower, then lather on the Proraso Pre-Shave cream while building up the shaving cream.
Brush: Parker Badger silver tipped
Cream: Proraso shaving cream
Razor: Merkur 180 Long handle
Balde: Merker Super platinum
Aftershave: Proraso Aftershave
Cologne: Musk of The Chrisso

Only hitch in my shave this morning was having to set my cigar down.

-Chrisso

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Seems like Proraso products are very popular here. (I know Proraso is the most popular worldwide) I like to use the Proraso pre shave as well. But skipped it today for the Razorock wich works very well too. Also have C. O. Bigelow cream that is just re-branded Proraso cream.

How do you like your Schick Krona Monsterdg? I have one and I'm trying to like it, but it's the only razor in my collection that gives me issues? My last shave with it was with a feather blade and it was better than the other blades I've used with it. But I still get nic's.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm actually not a big fan of the other Proraso products, but I really like their pre-shave stuff. I'm not one to use a pre-shave oil, they don't work well for me unfortunately, so the pre-shave cream is great for me. But their shave creams just don't do it for me. Taylor, Hirsh, Castle Forbes, D.R. Harris, and Trumper are my faves.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
How do you like your Schick Krona Monsterdg?
I love mine; sorry you're having issues. Bought mine years ago from ebay, it was "new old stock" new in the package from the 70's. Takes any blade I throw in it without an issue.

For those not familiar, the Schick Krona-Crome is longer handle razor (which a lot of guys like), plastic, with a metal head. It's on the lighter side, but well balanced.

Krona1.jpg

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: simpson classic Badger
Razor: Dovo half hallow 5/8
Pre shave: AOS lemon oil
Cream: Cella Shave soap
Aftershave: Alum bar + pinaud club man (love the classic scent)
Cologne: Ermenegildo Zegna Sicilian Mandarin

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I'm actually not a big fan of the other Proraso products, but I really like their pre-shave stuff. I'm not one to use a pre-shave oil, they don't work well for me unfortunately, so the pre-shave cream is great for me. But their shave creams just don't do it for me.
I probably wont try any pre shave oils. I really like the Proraso pre shave too. Wish their soap & creams had the same or even more of the coolness that the Pre shave has. The Razorock Pro shave lube has a nice candy cane scent to it that I like.

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I appreciate the level of detail and ritual in your shaving. Well done!
Thanks

I have quite a few different brushes, soaps/cream, razors and aftershaves. So I can change it up. It makes shaving kind of fun. Unlike when I shaved with my electric. I would just put some electric pre shave on, then shave for a few minutes. It became a very boring routine.

This will also be a good thread for guys to look and see what others are using and ask questions about those products.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Aftershave: Alum bar + pinaud club man (love the classic scent)

I'm a big fan of Pinaud Clubman too. It does have that classic old school barbershop scent that brings back memories everytime I open the bottle.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Prep: Hot shower and Proraso Pre Shave
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Cream: Queen Charlotte Iced Key Lime
Razor: Gillette 1959 SuperSpeed
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Aftershave: Pinaud Lime Sec
Cologne: Ceasars Man