What's new

Post your shave of the day here

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Prep: Hot water rinse
Brush: Maggard Razors Synthetic brush
Cream: Proraso eucalyptus oil and menthol shaving cream (Green tube/cap)
Razor: Maggard Razor DE MR-11
Blade: Bolzano Superinox
Aftershave: A&E Vanil De Tabac
Cologne: None

Sorry, I don't remember to take pictures plus I have such a small rotation of soaps, razors etc you guys will get bored of seeing the same stuff. Anyway, I had a great shave today, the Bolzano blade is through its 3rd round of shaving (I think?) and still holding its ground. I said to myself if I find one that'll get me past 3 or 4 good shaves it'll hit the rotation. So I'm keeping it going for the next round to see how well it holds up. I have plenty more to try though as I'm going through the gifted bunch from Kelvin and been buying the individual packs, few more soaps and aftershaves. SMH. Hell, I was enjoying my shave so much I took a big gamble and did 3 passes instead of my usual 2. Really felt great today.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Prep: Hot water rinse
Cream: Proraso eucalyptus oil and menthol shaving cream (Green tube/cap)
Aftershave: A&E Vanil De Tabac

Sorry, I don't remember to take pictures plus I have such a small rotation of soaps, razors etc you guys will get bored of seeing the same stuff. Anyway, I had a great shave today, the Bolzano blade is through its 3rd round of shaving (I think?) and still holding its ground. I said to myself if I find one that'll get me past 3 or 4 good shaves it'll hit the rotation. So I'm keeping it going for the next round to see how well it holds up. I have plenty more to try though as I'm going through the gifted bunch from Kelvin and been buying the individual packs, few more soaps and aftershaves. SMH. Hell, I was enjoying my shave so much I took a big gamble and did 3 passes instead of my usual 2. Really felt great today.

Sounds like you are getting into it now bud. I will have to get me some Bolzanos to try out.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sounds like you are getting into it now bud. I will have to get me some Bolzanos to try out.
Oh yeah I am. It's bad HAHA. I already have a decent Maggard razors order ready to go, just waiting to save up some funds before I hit that checkout button. I've been really trying to be good, but when my beard comes back (whenever that will be due to the corona virus) I can still do some wet shaving around my neck line etc so it's fine by me to have some of this all laying around.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Oh yeah I am. It's bad HAHA. I already have a decent Maggard razors order ready to go, just waiting to save up some funds before I hit that checkout button. I've been really trying to be good, but when my beard comes back (whenever that will be due to the corona virus) I can still do some wet shaving around my neck line etc so it's fine by me to have some of this all laying around.

Yeah its a slippery slope. You know if I could start over I would just get maybe 3 or four good soaps and aftershave and would then buy all the samplers of soap and aftershave I could. I find that a tub of soap take a very long time to finish off and with a sampler you can get a good three or four shaves from one. Just order a whole bunch of samplers and try em. I've got so many soaps and aftershave and blades, I don't know when I'm gonna finish em. I'm tempted to buy more but so far I've exercised self control. Maybe next year.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah its a slippery slope. You know if I could start over I would just get maybe 3 or four good soaps and aftershave and would then buy all the samplers of soap and aftershave I could. I find that a tub of soap take a very long time to finish off and with a sampler you can get a good three or four shaves from one. Just order a whole bunch of samplers and try em. I've got so many soaps and aftershave and blades, I don't know when I'm gonna finish em. I'm tempted to buy more but so far I've exercised self control. Maybe next year.
I'm waiting on this last order from Maggard (should've been here yesterday, smh) and I think I'm set on soaps for a bit. I might shoot for some bay rum samples but having 3 or 4 decent soaps in my rotation is good enough. It's a struggle to pick from the little rotation I have. Even the blades, I'm set for a while. Although, keeping tabs on the ones that work best for me which I might get a bulk pack.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have to try and keep this thread alive and maybe push others off the cliff, I mean let them see how some of us enjoy the wet shaving.....yeah that's it.....

Prep: Warm/hot water rinse
Cream: A&E (Ariana & Evans) St. Bart's
Aftershave: A&E (Ariana & Evans) St. Barts aftershave

First take with this soap- purchased the tub blindly since it's been out of stock at many online retailers. I didn't want to pay shipping for all the samples either, so I rolled the dice. The aromas of coconut and hints of some lime really hit the spot for me. Not anything like a bay rum-ish type soap though but definitely a really nice summery soap to use if you go seasonal. The lather from the tub was super rich and almost like a cool whip consistency. It definitely sucked up a bit more water on the brush to get going though. It's a staple in my rotation. So I think I'm set "for now."

As for the blade- this was the 5th shave with it. I pretty much knew from my previous shave that this go round was most likely its last hurrah. I had to do a few more passes than I'd like, BUT it's been the longest lasting so far. The others I've tried previously have only lasted me 2-3 shaves give or take. This one though will most likely be a staple blade in the rotation in the future.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Not exactly my SOTD, but my (step)son is graduating this month and has expressed interest in wet shaving with a DE razor, so I bought him this setup to get him started
20200605_141304.jpg
Merkur 34c
Stirling Barbershop soap and aftershave
Lather bowl
Simpson Colonel X2L Best badger brush

I think this is a very nice setup to get him started, though I'm admittedly a little jealous of that Simpson brush ...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Prep: Hot shower
Cream: Proraso Green
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Classic Vanilla

What a great combination tonight of the proraso and clubman pinaud. The menthol from the Proraso really popped and made an enjoyable shave. First go round with the clubman pinaud classic vanilla and I think considering I purchased blindly I did good. The vanilla is faint but not overpowering. I'm looking foward to trying the bay rum aftershave from them next.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yesterday's SOTD....

Prep: Hot shower
Cream: Ariana & Evans St. Barts
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans St Barts

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
20200618_185331.jpg
Pre: Hot shower
Soap: Barrister and Mann Cheshire (sample I loaded into my old spice mug)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club super badger
Blade: Gillette silver blue
Razor: Black beauty (first time I've used this razor)
Aftershave: Chatillon de Lux Unconditional Surrender