What's new

Prayer request from a BOTL

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Everything went extremely well with Emma's exploratory surgery this morning. (y) Her esophagus looked great, which means the riskiest surgery is completely off the table this Monday!! :cool: She will still be having a feeding tube installed, but her prognosis is outstanding. :) In the interim, we'll be at the hospital this weekend doing some various testing. The patient is happy and comfortable, like nothing happened. AMEN - I can't thank you guys enough for your prayers and well-wishes!! :cigar: Keep them coming guys and I'll update you when I have some time...

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
UGH. We just got out of an hour-long emergency surgery. After doing awesome all day, Emma started vomiting profuse amounts of blood at midnight (twice). The staff of the entire hospital floor was jammed in our room. All the on-call doctors and anastesiologists had to scramble to the hospital. My wife and I were scared to death; we each had to take turns excusing ourselves to get composed. It was awful. By the time they re-operated, the bleeding had stopped on its own (thank God). For now, we are going to make sure she recovers okay and isn't bleeding. The doctor wants us to come back for the feeding tube on another visit. We've been awake for 25 hours now. The patient seems to be doing well despite her 2nd surgery of the day. Brothers, if you have kids...do me a favor and hug them a few extra times today!!