What's new

Prayers Needed

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I will be praying that the surgeons will be able to quickly remove this tumor and that is is be-nine. Take it easy and keep us posted.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
THANKS to each and every one of you!
In the interim, it has become a mind game; your words, thoughts, and prayers help me to focus on a positive outcome.

Last edited:

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Well, my worst fears materialized - I had a cancerous tumor in my left kidney (Renal Cell Carcinoma). I had one of the best surgeons in this area, and he did a meticulous job removing the tumor and a "clear margin" of healthy tissue with it. It was later categorized as a non-aggressive cancer, so, with any luck and a lot of prayers, it was contained in the lone tumor without any invasion of the surrounding tissue or other organs. I've been home for 3 and a half weeks and my recovery is on schedule. I have a little pain several times a day from the remainder of the affected kidney, but it's tolerable and it diminishes day by day. I had my post-op exam yesterday and all checked out well. I'll have CT scans and have blood work done every 3 months to keep a close watch for any recurrence. I've been cleared to return to work next Monday, with a little coercing on my part...

So, I say all that to say this... I had no symptoms other than a nagging, subdued burn in my left flank. Kidney cancer is a silent monster that historically goes undetected until it has grown or spread to its higher, more critical stages. It was by the grace of God that I insisted that my Internist look beyond the checks he had performed over a year ago. I urge each and every reader of this post to find a way to have your kidneys scanned. I'm not an expert by any means, but I have recently become aware of the alarming statistics that are pitted against us; 1 in 2 men will be affected by kidney cancer. 1 in 3 women will be affected also. Every day, over 12,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with some type of cancer. I never thought it would happen to me, but it did, and I really hope it's behind me now. I don't want this to be a gloom & doom post. I wanted to THANK ALL OF YOU for your replies, thoughts and prayers and for following up via PM and such.

I's stable for now, and I sincerely hope you guys never experience what I've gone through in the last few weeks.

Godspeed ~ I appreciate y'all!

Dave

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Glad to hear you're recovering well brother!
I'm very sorry to hear the tumor was cancerous, but stay strong - it sounds like you're doing well.

Keeping you in my prayers buddy