What's new

Prayers Needed

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Brothers and Sisters of the Leaf,

I haven't been very active here over the past few months - mostly due to the steady regeneration of the criminal element. I sometimes get a chance to stop in and catch a thread or two, but not like I used to in the past. In any case, I received some very disturbing news last week after I spent several days in the hospital with a relentless, low-grade fever. A tumor was found on my left kidney and I have been scheduled for surgery to remove the tumor and "a safe margin of healthy tissue." I've been in a million hairy situations, shootings, stabbings and the like, but nothing has affected me more than hearing, "There's a 90% chance that it is cancerous - we just have to hope that you're in the 10% that's not."

I will be going into surgery at 7:00AM on the 13th. I have been told that I will be in the hospital for 3-4 days afterwards. Once I go home, I will be down for two weeks minimum, followed by another 3-4 weeks of limited activity. I'm still waiting for my surgeon's opinion on smoking cigars during recovery...

For those of you who are so inclined, I ask for your prayers. There's nothing I can do about it, as it's not in my hands - but I have my faith in God, and I will accept his will.

Hope to get back here soon!

Dave

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Dave,
I'm very sorry to hear about your health. I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers. Best wishes on a good outcome and a speedy recovery.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave:
What a tough spot to be in. I had some cancerous tissue removed from my back last summer. Even that relatively "minor" bout with cancer made me weak-kneed, so I can only begin to guess what you must be going through. (In my case, the doctor removed it all and the entire incident is behind me).

I am praying for you.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
My thoughts are with you.

PLEASE let us know if there is anything at all we can do in the meantime...oh, and I have a hell of cigar ready for you after your recovery :)

~brooks

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Prayers and well wishes sent brother. Stay positive and pop in or have someone pop in here for you from time to time if you are needing a pick me up and positive reinforcement. We all have your back!

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Dave, I hope the surgery is successful and you're back on your feet in minimal time. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers brother.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I'm still waiting for my surgeon's opinion on smoking cigars during recovery...
I love this :laugh:. For sure man, I'll be sure to keep you in mind. Hope that all goes well and it's nothin' but good news.

Dan