What's new

Prayers requested

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
After a 6 year battle with altzheimers, my grandfather has forgotten how to eat, breath and other body functions. Tomorrow we are transferring him to hospice for the rest of his time in earth.

Any and all prayers would be appreciated.

At age 5 he played piano in the NYC pops, and in 87 years traveled and lived around the world, spent 32 years serving his country, countless years teaching at the defense systems management college, years of consulting to the pentagon, raised 4 children, 11 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, was the person who taught me about computers when I was 4, took me to countless museams, was a friend and mentor, and is one of the smartest.

He will be missed by many, but never forgotten. As my 5 year old said when she was only 2, he is santa in real life.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
My grandfather went through the same a few years back. Its really hard to watch. But soon he will be home and in a much better place.
Prayers with you and your family brother.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
After a 6 year battle with altzheimers, my grandfather has forgotten how to eat, breath and other body functions. Tomorrow we are transferring him to hospice for the rest of his time in earth.

Any and all prayers would be appreciated.

At age 5 he played piano in the NYC pops, and in 87 years traveled and lived around the world, spent 32 years serving his country, countless years teaching at the defense systems management college, years of consulting to the pentagon, raised 4 children, 11 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, was the person who taught me about computers when I was 4, took me to countless museams, was a friend and mentor, and is one of the smartest.

He will be missed by many, but never forgotten. As my 5 year old said when she was only 2, he is santa in real life.
I can totally relate. I lost my mother to alzheimers 5 years ago. She went from being my wonderful mother to an empty shell. It is a devastating disease that takes away ones very soul. Prayers for your family.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I feel your pain, brother. I lost my grandfather the same way over 20 years ago, and lost my dad last December to a hemorrhagic stroke. I'll be praying for your family. This is the not so fun part of life.