What's new

Price increase

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Got an email last night advising that Habanos S.A. will be increasing it's prices by 5% and this will become effective on the 1st of May.

Anybody else?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yep. Same here. I've been wondering if this would happen and if so how much. Folks on some boards were predicting as much as 30% which would be a foolish move for Habanos S.A. so the 5% was what I was figuring would happen.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the way things have been going in the last 2 years, I won't be going back to Cuba JUST for cigars. In the past, it was a bargain to go and buy boxes at a good discount compared to online, but now the difference can be as little as 10% in some cases. With the currency revaluation and price hikes, tourism will see a dip IMO. As far as buying online, my purchases will shift more to daily smokes and sale items.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On the Island, I believe It will have a huge effect. However, I believe the smoking ban there had a larger one. Only to the tourist traffic mind you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the counterfeit market will increase because of the price hikes. Although there are lots of warnings and measures implemented to slow it down, there are many gullible people who want the 'deal'. However, these are people who consider $150 to be an outrageous amount to spend on cigars, therefore, it's not taking revenue away from Habanos. For the tourist looking for cigars as souvenirs, but who won't buy fakes, I think they'll move their purchases to Guantanameras or 3 or 5 packs. In which case 5% won't dissuade them.

As for the smoking ban, I believe it applies only to enclosed public areas. At any rate, I'm not planning to reduce the number of cigars I smoke because of it. Lots of warm, sunny outdoors areas to puff.