• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I agree w/ kockroach.

Make any excuse you like that makes yourself feel better, but at the end of the day you're taking advantage of that vendor. It goes against pretty much everything that being a BOTL should stand for in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Unfortunately it seems to be a cultural thing. Not for everyone in our country but many. I knew it was a mistake and did not order for the very reason. There was no possible way the prices could be that low. Even retailers going out of business don't sell stuff that low! I think that with the exception of some of the cigar retailers that equate to Walmart in the biz I would not try and take advantage of the retailer. They're generally small business operations with a real person behind the wheel. CI holds 15% of the market and in my eyes put out a ton of crap and charge a ton for said crap. They are internationally owned to boot (if my memory serves). Either way I wouldn't rush to make an order even against them if a mistake were to pop up.

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
The word theft comes to mind. Then slowly the thought of Karma seems to marinate....

Doing the right thing has always done me right in the grand scheme. But, doing the 'next right thing" after I have messed up has given me even more growth....

Just sayin.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
everyone stop their whining. people took advantage of an erroneous offer. it ain't the first time. don't be startled by the ugly side of a free market society. also, whether you think they're good or bad people because of their decision is a private matter. whether you think you're morally or ethically superior to them is a private matter. posting polls and responses to shame someone is poor taste. there's a lot of shady stuff that happens on here that never gets highlighted. take your gripes up with the brother directly - if you really think you need to. it ain't much of a brotherhood if you don't embrace the muck too.

the ch guy didn't have to honor it. he chose to and some people won out.

move on.

Last edited:

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
For those that said they were willing to accept it if they cancel your order if the low price was a mistake, then why not cancel your order knowing that it was a mistake. Seems like you are going contrary to what you were saying before knowing if this pricing was truly a mistake or not.

People are saying they are a stand-up company for honoring the orders...Why not be a stand-up BOTL, and cancel your order.
Good idea:clap:

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I'd say whether you keep the order or not, do not forget about this guy in the future.

Please do return business with him.

I didn't place an order. Ill stay quiet at this moment about what each guy should do with any order placed, I just hope the retailer gets A LOT of return business off of this for his offer to fulfill the orders.

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that with the exception of some of the cigar retailers that equate to Walmart in the biz I would not try and take advantage of the retailer. They're generally small business operations with a real person behind the wheel. CI holds 15% of the market and in my eyes put out a ton of crap and charge a ton for said crap. They are internationally owned to boot (if my memory serves).
I don't think Cheaphumidors is that much different than CI is. Are they? I've always equated them to a big box store, maybe not on the level of Wal Mart, but they are certainly one of the top online retailers from the humidor stand point.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
For those that said they were willing to accept it if they cancel your order if the low price was a mistake, then why not cancel your order knowing that it was a mistake. Seems like you are going contrary to what you were saying before knowing if this pricing was truly a mistake or not.

People are saying they are a stand-up company for honoring the orders...Why not be a stand-up BOTL, and cancel your order.
Agreed Jere.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
So an online retailer has an obvious issue with his site, and cigars that you know damn well don't sell for $45 a box are showing up at that price. Do you take advantage and snatch them up? Or do you try to alert them to the problems?
Since I had never ordered the cigars in the original post, I had no idea, as you state, "you know damn well don't sell for $45"

I have seen sales like this before. As others noted some prices seemed low, others high. During my smoking career, I have picked up many boxes at times 70-90% off what the MSRP is.

Kudos to the retailer for honoring the mistake, but I really wish you wouldn't, it only encourages this type of behavior. Also, I hate to see a retailer have to honor the prices only to avoid a totally unwarranted backlash if they don't.
I call BS! The only behavior it should encourage is people to make sure anyone in the chain check and double check what is going on.

I was a GM of a store once and corporate had some printed material made nationally that was incorrect. Instead of saying, Buy One, Get One Free, it just said Get One Free. You know what, we honored it. Not really sure what kind of behavior it encouraged, as you say. But I tell you what it did, we told these people our error and that we were going to make good, it earned these people as customers for life. It gave me the chance to make myself know to them. Mistakes happen, you deal with it and move on.

I think it is all perspective. It is easy to say what to do when you are sitting on the sidelines. It was a fortunate opportunity to those that got involved and to those that did not, many said last night that they were sorry they missed out on the good deals.

I really do hope people think about this and reconsider the orders they placed.
Cause if they don't they are a bad person?

I said the same thing to a particular credit card company (please reconsider) I had made a "mistake" and my bill got lost in my move and did not get paid. I tried explaining that I had no intention of not paying, it just got lost. So, never a late payment before, I am stuck with the fee and the subsequent rate increase. Yeah, they didn't reconsider.

As noted, it is a mistake on my part, deal with it, pay it off, destroy that card and never use that company again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.