• Don't take advantage of the mistake

Votes: 40 69.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Why? Whats the difference? It is a loss to the business either way. Just because they could absorb the loss easier does not make this any different...

Why do you think we pay the prices we do. A part of it is to cover losses due to various things.
Because, He runs a store (via web) listed a product, advertised a price and I agreed to pay that price. I did not steal as others have stated. I did not commit theft. I simply purchased an item at a store. In the state I live in he would be legally obligated to fufill the orders at the advertised price. I cancelled my order because I did not want to hurt a working man.
Price increases due to companies incompatence is not something I worry myself with.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
For those that said they were willing to accept it if they cancel your order if the low price was a mistake, then why not cancel your order knowing that it was a mistake. Seems like you are going contrary to what you were saying before knowing if this pricing was truly a mistake or not.

People are saying they are a stand-up company for honoring the orders...Why not be a stand-up BOTL, and cancel your order.
I agree w/ kockroach.

Make any excuse you like that makes yourself feel better, but at the end of the day you're taking advantage of that vendor. It goes against pretty much everything that being a BOTL should stand for in my opinion.
I agree wholeheartedly.....sorry if anyone thinks I'm "whining". :sarcastic

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I too just cancelled my order.
After much personal debate, I came to the conclusion I just could not do it.
The deciding factor was the site owner’s last post of having only 6 employees and running a very small business. When I made the purchase you don’t think about people on the other end.
Don’t get me wrong if this had been a price mistake from Wal-Mart, Best Buy or some other publicly trade conglomerate I would have stuck the knife in deep, hard & with a twist. But I will not screw a working man.
Why? Whats the difference? It is a loss to the business either way. Just because they could absorb the loss easier does not make this any different...

Why do you think we pay the prices we do. A part of it is to cover losses due to various things.
Because, He runs a store (via web) listed a product, advertised a price and I agreed to pay that price. I did not steal as others have stated. I did not commit theft. I simply purchased an item at a store. In the state I live in he would be legally obligated to fufill the orders at the advertised price. I cancelled my order because I did not want to hurt a working man.
Price increases due to companies incompatence is not something I worry myself with.

Just to put your last post in context. I never said you were cheating, stealing, etc... Just curious as to why one decides that it is wrong to do to a small business but ok to do to a larger business... The meaning of "do" is well documented in this thread..

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The one and only reason I cancelled is because he is a small buisness man.
6 employess. I care about the small working man.
What I do not care about is Sam Walton and his Billion's
If this was a large public company I would not have cancelled.
My right, My money, My choice.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
everyone stop their whining. people took advantage of an erroneous offer. it ain't the first time. don't be startled by the ugly side of a free market society. also, whether you think they're good or bad people because of their decision is a private matter. whether you think you're morally or ethically superior to them is a private matter. posting polls and responses to shame someone is poor taste. there's a lot of shady stuff that happens on here that never gets highlighted. take your gripes up with the brother directly - if you really think you need to. it ain't much of a brotherhood if you don't embrace the muck too.

the ch guy didn't have to honor it. he chose to and some people won out.

move on.

I agree what you decide to do is a private matter.....until you post in the internet for the whole friggin world to see. At that point you should expect the opposition, whoever that may be, to speak up. If you feel justified taking advantage of a small business owner, to save a few bucks, then that is your choice, and is a private one. When you publicly state, that you did this, then you should expect some to judge you.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, as this had already unfolded y the time I saw it. Maybe I have selective morals, as i would stick hold a big company to thier price, but CheapHumidors is not the Wal Mart of the cigar world. My guess is that the WalMarts of the cigar world would have told all of you to fly a kite with your orders.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The one and only reason I cancelled is because he is a small buisness man.
6 employess. I care about the small working man.
What I do not care about is Sam Walton and his Billion's
If this was a large public company I would not have cancelled.
My right, My money, My choice.
You are right, your choice.......

Just remember that regardless of how big the business is, the ramifications get passed to down the little guy which by your own admission is who you are trying to protect...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bottom line is I CANCELLED my order.
What I would have done if it was a publicly traded company is mute.
I just feel if a company advertises a price and I agree to purchses it, I'm doing nothing morally wrong. If said company say's OHHH, we lost money on that sale. So be it. Maybe you should pay more attention.
Its not my postion to watch over Best Buy's or Walmart's botton line.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
GUYS, Time to let this go. No need to accuse or defend the actions in this thread. Even the vendor in this matter has asked this to stop. So PLEASE let this go.

Status
Not open for further replies.