What's new

Pricing

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been on a few trips to Mexico, and have a few times purchased what I thought to be CC's but now that I am getting onto these forums I'm questioning them in the first place. How much should I be spending on a stick, now obviously you can barter, but what seems like an average price.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Completely depends on the cigar. At an LCdH (the only place I would buy in Mexico), a Cohiba Esplendido might be $35, while a PSD4 might be $12. There is no general "average" price unless you break it down stick by stick.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If you are bartering on the price, they're not real. I personally would only buy in a LCDH shop and prices are high in Mexico. I paid $35 for a Bolivar Libertador when they can be found in other countries for $17-$21.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
And dont ever buy cigars that come in a fancy box with glass top... there is no such thing coming from Cuba.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
It is not the price you should be concerned with, it's the source. When you are purchasing abroad, always shop at a La Casa Del Habano, which is (basically speaking) the ONLY authorized retailer for authentic cuban cigars.

Yes, the pricing will be costly, and will vary from location to location, but the goal is to buy authentic product.

Go to the LCDH website, and you can search for retailers in the area you are traveling....Hope this helps!

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
If you are bartering on the price, they're not real. I personally would only buy in a LCDH shop and prices are high in Mexico. I paid $35 for a Bolivar Libertador when they can be found in other countries for $17-$21.
Aloha is absolutely right. If they're willing to barter than they're not real. LCDH is the best safest place. I used to live i San Diego, and would go down to Tijuana just to go to LCDH. They're the most reliable place, but they're prices are high. Don't bother trying to negotiatiate as you'll get only rudeness in return.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I would also agree with everyone else. LCDH equals no worries. I'd rather know the sticks I'm paying for are authentic than to save a few bucks and smoke twigs and plastic!

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I'm going to Cancun in April and hoping to try my first real cc from the local LCDH. I've heard they're expensive as hell but at least I can be somewhat sure they're legit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, Xavier....$16-17(?) for a BRC gave me more than a bit of a pause, but there is something to be said for the environment as well. For the record, drinks are not cheap either. But I am going to hang there a few times this year and enjoy a few special sticks(not sure what yet, but I am positive something will jump out at me). The back deck, pool area and dock is a hell of a way to watch the sun go down....

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Are you planning on another trip? If so, where are you going... we can tell you what shop to go.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, Xavier....$16-17(?) for a BRC gave me more than a bit of a pause, but there is something to be said for the environment as well. For the record, drinks are not cheap either. But I am going to hang there a few times this year and enjoy a few special sticks(not sure what yet, but I am positive something will jump out at me). The back deck, pool area and dock is a hell of a way to watch the sun go down....
This was re: the LCdH in Cancun, MX.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EJ, did you happen to see any custom rolls at the LCDH in Cancun?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EJ, did you happen to see any custom rolls at the LCDH in Cancun?
Cannot recall for sure. I believe I remember seeing some a few years back, but I cannot remember seeing any last Spring(the last time I was there). That is not to say they didn't have them last year, I just don't remember....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone been to the LCDH in Tijuana lately? My cousin's heading down there this weekend and I asked him to maybe pick up a couple sticks for me. Wondering what kind of prices I was looking at for the following sticks: Cohiba (Esplendido, Siglo VI & Behike 52), Montecristo #2, H.Upmann #2, and RASS. Appreciate any info you guys might have. Thanks

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Anyone been to the LCDH in Tijuana lately? My cousin's heading down there this weekend and I asked him to maybe pick up a couple sticks for me. Wondering what kind of prices I was looking at for the following sticks: Cohiba (Esplendido, Siglo VI & Behike 52), Montecristo #2, H.Upmann #2, and RASS. Appreciate any info you guys might have. Thanks
The only I got down there was on a Sunday. And they are closed on Sundays... Found out the hard way. Just FYI