What's new

Problems Running....

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Does anybody, perhaps a doctor, know why my bottom teeth would hurt after running? I have experienced a pain near my gum line on my bottom teeth after running since I could remember but it never really bothered me enough to look into it. Today, not only my teeth hurt but I also had a really soar throat after my jog. I googled it and cant find any good answers at all.... You can however, rule out cavities and teeth clenching while running.... Any ideas? :scratchhe

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
same thing used to happen to me. turned out i had a bad tooth. i eventually needed a root canal. that fixed the problem...

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I bet it has to do with the fact that you were Running.

You should stop doing that immediately Justin :sarcastic.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Thanks guys LOL

same thing used to happen to me. turned out i had a bad tooth. i eventually needed a root canal. that fixed the problem...
Thats not the case with me, I have had this problem since grade school and go to the dentist a lot. lol

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i think you are asking the wrong forum dude.

but i'd ask my dentist if i were you.
There has got to be a couple cigar smoking doctors here, I think it has more to do with circulation or something and less to do with my teeth....

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Maybe you should stop running into street signs and parked cars.

Had to, sorry bro.

Sounds like a bad toothw and the irritation in the throat is probably a reaction of antibodies. But who am I.

Isn't there a site like webmd or something?

Goodluck bro.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Ok well all I can think is that Bob might be on to something. Or maybe it is time to lay off the meth. But seriously you got insurance call and get a Doc appt and get checked out.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i think you are asking the wrong forum dude.

but i'd ask my dentist if i were you.
Hey, as much as we post and read I almost feel like you guys know everything about........um......everything LOL. I got to where I don't even google, I just ask you guys then I read where someone else answers " I just googled this and this is hwta I found" Then The'll send me the link. awwwwwww shucks guys im spoiled! LOL

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i wasn't joking justin. part of the trigeminal nerve innervates the lower jaw and teeth. if you have something, perhaps in the tmj, that is jostled while you run, it could cause some irritation.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I know from personal eperience that feeling pain in one area of the mouth can be caused from from an entirely different place. Case in point...I had a sharp pain just below my front two teeth that were being caused by a cavity in a molar!

I guess I am saying that a dentist might find the source of the pain in another area, and it could be something "simple"...I'd definitely make an apointment with your DDS.

best of luck, Bro....Hope this helped.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Only time I've ran into this (ha, pun, get it?) was when I started running and couldn't relax so I tensed/clinched my jaw occasionally without realizing it.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Even though it feels like your lower teeth quite possibly it could be a problem with your gums instead.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Thanks guys LOL

Thats not the case with me, I have had this problem since grade school and go to the dentist a lot. lol

You run and go to the dentist a lot? You are a tough one.

Everything I got hurt the last time I ran and I want to punch the dentist every time I go.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
TMJ is defininatly a possiblity, I have problems with mine and the pain is usually up near your ear or the back jaw but it can affect the whole mouth. Bursitis or clenching your teeth while you are sleeping can cause problems too, thats what messes up my TMJ. Best suggestion is to go see a dentist (and I say that fully hating going to the dentist).

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
The only time my teeth hurt while running was when I wasn't hydrated well enough. Combine dehydration and if you breath in through your mouth while running, and that could explain both the tooth pain and sore throat.