What's new

Problemsolverjc's Blind Review Thread

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Ok nice. Maybe by March I can donate some smokes to your package that way you dont have to put so many in.
Sure. Or you can hold the round after. Doesn't matter. February is going to be my month for cigars. I plan on going from about 50 to 300+.

#Ecb can make that happen
So Britt needs more help from the #ECB? Haha I just found this thread and thoroughly enjoyed reading the reviews. All you guys did a great job articulating the flavor profiles you picked up on.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Ok nice. Maybe by March I can donate some smokes to your package that way you dont have to put so many in.
Sure. Or you can hold the round after. Doesn't matter. February is going to be my month for cigars. I plan on going from about 50 to 300+.

#Ecb can make that happen
So Britt needs more help from the #ECB? Haha I just found this thread and thoroughly enjoyed reading the reviews. All you guys did a great job articulating the flavor profiles you picked up on.
The more samples, the more quality reviews :D

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
If there were competitions for procrastination, I'd be a winner every time, hands down!
I tend to overload myself and end up forgetting about things that aren't constantly right in front of me.
This should have been posted a month and a half ago, and for that Jim, I apologize.

Anyway, here is my fourth and final blind review...

Cigar B1 - from problemsolverjc
Size: 6.5"x60
Reviewer Level: Extremely Novice!
Location: Tobacco Grove indoor smoking lounge - Maple Grove, MN
Date: 26Dec2013 13:30 - 16:00 (2:30 total burn time, cut short part way in to the final third, would have likely been a 3 hour smoke for me)
Pairing: Water

Appearance: medium brown wrapper, like milk chocolate brown, very irregular wrapper
Feel: quite spongy
Smell: couldn't pick up an unlit scent in the busy lounge
Cut: generic "V" cutter from amazon (on Rupe's recommendation), took two tries but I think I got it figured out

Pre-light draw: perfect draw, minimal resistance, just enough to know there's something there, some sweetness & spice on the lips

Light: Xikar Tech Double Jet, toasted ~1.5" above the flame

First Puffs: sweet chocolate, spice hangs on the finish, somewhat woody/earthy, minimal smoke on the draw, had to touch up the initial light

First 1/3: Spice went away after the first puffs, yet still lingers on the finish. Smoke production is up after the relight, not huge, but more there. Mostly a dry woody/earthy taste, some sweet just for an instant after the draw by the lips and front of tongue. Getting a very sloppy burn. First ash drop at 1" to 1-1/4", very sloppy. Retro-hale burns.

Second 1/3: Flavors have gotten a little smoother, maybe a bit creamy w/ still a predominant flavor of wood/earth. Been getting an unclean burn and very light smoke production after that first ash, and the cigar went out shortly after. Hoping a re-light will clean up the burn. Much bigger smoke now. A nic in the wrapper has started to unravel. Half way through this third I had to re-cut and re-light.

Final 1/3: Having a hard time enjoying this with the poor construction and intermittent re-lights. Becoming a bit of a pain. I definitely picked up a nicotine buzz after the first two thirds. I had to call it quits part way through the final third, too much nicotine and too much work.

Conclusion: I think I'm not cut out for large vitolas with any amount of kick to them. I wasn't expecting this to really hit me, but I found it to be another nic-bomb that snuck up and kicked my ass again. At that point all my enjoyment is gone and I'm left only with my notes from the beginning of the cigar. From here on out I think I'll focus on the smaller vitola!

Score: 4/10 - I really wasn't feeling this one. Maybe it's just not for me.

Again, Jim, I'm so sorry for how irrisponsible I ended up being with this last review. I feel terrible.
But, I think I know of a good way I can make it up to you! :eyebrow:

*PICTURES TO FOLLOW when I dig them off my phone***

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Great review guys. I can't wait to be able to participate. Hope this thing keeps it's steam, I thoroughly enjoyed every review. It's gotta be one of the best ways to do a review. This is how they do it for Cigar Aficionado and this is how I think all cigar reviews should be done. It just gives it an honesty that you just can't get any other way.