Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My last one! C4

Viola: 4 1/2in by 60rg?? I think. Lol
Burn time: 1hr 6 min
Strength: med-full
Body(flavor): med

I like to do review in thirds but the flavor of this cigar was the same from start to finish all the cigars I have been smoking lately have been like this. I don't know if I am getting better at identifying flavors and that's why I'm picking out stuff right in the start and not only when the flavor come in really strong in certain thirds. But I like to think so. Lol.

So overall the construction was great. Beautiful dark oily wrapper, triple cap, solid feel.

Pre light smell was of wood and barnyard.

Preflight draw was nice sweet tobacco.

This stick had a lot of smoke. Both on the draw and foot. It was nice thick white smoke that felt almost chewy. Like I had something almost solid in my mouth. (That doesn't sound right) from the first draw I got sweet tobacco and earth. A little ways into the first third I got espresso and a hint of wood. The flavors remained the same all the way through but in the second third it shifted from a core of sweet earthiness to a core of espresso and finished out like this. Very nice. I felt like this would be amazing with coffee and breakfast lol. The retro hail was a little peppery but not too bad. The finish was smooth and had a dominant black coffee taste. I love this stick. I did have burn issues but with larger ring gauges I usually do. A little ways into the last third my son got a nose bleed so I had to put it down and when I came back it was out. I didn't relight because with so little left a relight would have killed the flavor.

1st 3rd
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387822972.344917.jpg

Burn line was wavy all the way through.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387823649.637372.jpg

2nd 3rd well for most of the cigar it was the second 3rd lol. We got a runner.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387823674.306139.jpg

Final 3rd burn finally evened out
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387823725.377077.jpg

Where it ended. Would have smoked it more if I could have
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387823750.262426.jpg

My guess is an Obsidian. Possibly a MUWAT lol. But we all know I'm terrible at guessing.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You got it that time! Obsidian!

!
Wow, that's impressive!
No it's not I have like 5 from JC in the coolidor and I could tell before I even smoked it it was probably an obsidian. Lol
Yeah... I worried a little about that when I sent those to you, but at the end of the day it is what it is :) Thanks for playing along and finishing...
Lol. It was still super fun man. Thank you for including me.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I still have 3 more to do... Need to find the time! Damn snow

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Can I still do these reviews even if Britt sponsors a new round?

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Can I still do these reviews even if Britt sponsors a new round?
No. Lmao. Yeah you can. I won't be sponsoring a round until March. I'm waiting on some stuff and I don't have the supply to sponsor one at the moment. It would take almost half my collection if only 5 people wanted to partake with 5 each. so I want to stock up a little more to be able to do a round comfortably. And get some
Nice stuff to send to you guys.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Ok nice. Maybe by March I can donate some smokes to your package that way you dont have to put so many in.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok nice. Maybe by March I can donate some smokes to your package that way you dont have to put so many in.
Sure. Or you can hold the round after. Doesn't matter. February is going to be my month for cigars. I plan on going from about 50 to 300+.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Sure. Or you can hold the round after. Doesn't matter. February is going to be my month for cigars. I plan on going from about 50 to 300+.
Wow! I wont be near that haha. Just keep me in the loop if you need a fiver or for yours.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow! I wont be near that haha. Just keep me in the loop if you need a fiver or for yours.
You got it bother!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Yeah, I have my last one yet. I smoked it, just misplaced my notes. The found them and got sidetracked with work. They're sitting on my desk now. Sorry Jim! I'll get it up here for you quick.
As far as new review groups, anyone is open to start more at any time, but you should do it through Alex's original thread, Blind Reviews Thread. (It's a sticky so it should be easy to find and we should use it as such) We can even have multiples going on at once. His intention was just to get more blind reviews happening, so the more the merrier!

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...