What's new

Products Tax/Consumer Use notice...

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow, I've never seen a better selling point to buying Habanos than this thread...not that I condone those types of things.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So is this a second purchase they're hitting you on?

Thanks for bumping this thread BTW. I was contemplating ordering some of the Tat NHC's... not anymore.
Yeah. My second purchase and second letter a year and a half later. This is the only vendor I've used in which I've had this issue.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
With this type of fine can they prove u ever received the order? Just by paying it would not mean you ever received product. Or a better term yourself ever having taken POSSESSION. As the letter stated. Delivery to a residence would not be possession IMO.

Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
Wow, I'm glad u did bump this or bring it back up. I know I've looked at that site before but can't remember if I ever ordered from them. I know now I won't. Thx and sorry, it all sounds like BS to me. The Government at all levels just want to suck the life out u.

One more thing the sites could tax u if they wanted to. My wife orders from (Well a woman's store I'll leave it at that) and they tax her right there at the check out. I'm not sure about tobacco products but i don't see why it could be done the same way. I'm sure it will come to that one day. The gov is tired of losing $ in taxes to online sales.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There's was seminars about it this year at ipcpr. Maybe someone who went can shine more light but it is becoming much more regulated. The government wants their sales and tobacco tax on all things even when ordered from a different state. Technically it's nothing new but they're going to start actually enforcing it. I believe online vendors and b&ms who sell over the phone are supposed to start charging your states taxes and send them to your state on all purchases.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I was at all 4 seminars and they didn't touch on the out of state tax issues very much other than saying there is nothing that requires merchants to collect sales tax on out of state sales.... yet.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
That sucks that they came after you a year and half later. Total Bush-League nonsense. On the other hand, that is a typical bureaucracy time-frame. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't for the astronomical and ridiculous 500% tax penalty.

However, I don't think you have to go to the lengths of not ordering from NHC anymore. Someone out of state that doesn't have to worry about this kind of tax crap can simply purchase it for you and get it shipped to your address. You can then ppal the money to back to them. This way its a gift and you didn't pay jack shit for these cigars so you shouldn't have to then pay taxes on them. The taxes are someone else's responsibility and they can't make you liable for that. It's a little more hassle that way for sure, but I'm sure there are brothers on here who wouldn't mind helping you out (myself included.) NHC does have some good sticks up there from time to time and I would find it a shame to forego the few purchases I do make from there just because of this tax garbage.

I'd echo what others have said that I doubt Dan is doing anything different from most other vendors who have to report out of state tax-exempt income. I'm sure its just the horrible, horrible state of Ohio that shares that information willy-nilly about tobacco purchases. Just another reason to hate Ohio (like I needed another or something) with their slow speed limits, hatred of Michiganders, OSU, and large boring fields everywhere. Damn you, I say! No offense intended to any Ohio-ans? Ohio-ites? Ohians?

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Financially speaking I am now only going to buy CC's from online retailers. It's a shame that US businesses will be loosing their clientele because our government is run by money sucking assholes.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was at all 4 seminars and they didn't touch on the out of state tax issues very much other than saying there is nothing that requires merchants to collect sales tax on out of state sales.... yet.
Ah, that sucks. I had heard there was going to be seminars on the taxation and online sales and stuff. Wish it woulda been more info. Thanks for sharing what it was tho.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As someone that lives in FL(no tobacco tax), I'd be willing to help the occasional member by drop shipping to me then shipping it to you(if you pay shipping costs obviously).