What's new

PSA: Stay Hydrated

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Just wanted to remind everyone to stay hydrated (northeast coasters right now during this humid heat). I wound up in the hospital yesterday because I was an idiot and did tons of yard work without any real food or drink in my system aside from
Coffee and red bull. My piss was almost brown.

I’m good now, but it could happen to anyone and I just wanted to share my negative experience so it doesn’t happen to you!

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Glad to hear ur OK , this weather has been brutal here in the Southeast , Heat index of over 100 for 20 some days now , people dehydrating in very short time ..... like he says Drink, Drink , Drink !

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I bet you won't make that mistake again lol.
I carry a water bottle with me everywhere. I blame my first tour in the Middle East. But it definitely helps keep me in check.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I feel your pain. I was digging boulders out of a track at the back of my property for a few hours yesterday. Lost a few pounds in water weight and put it back on in beer weight.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yeah was probably the scariest thing I’ve experienced, never letting this happen again!

Stay strong and hydrated my friends

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I cut the lawn yesterday afternoon and almost landed myself in the ER too. I figured sun was down a little bit and it was warm but not super hot. Boy was I wrong. Luckily, I stopped myself before it got worse than I already was feeling. I managed to get in the house to the AC and drank 3 big glasses of water and a cold rag on my head and neck. This was a big lesson learned since I’ve never had this happen to me.

Nick what did they do for you in the ER? I don’t get down there enough to see how it’s treated. IV fluids? And water? Obviously, the hospitals have AC too.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah was probably the scariest thing I’ve experienced, never letting this happen again!

Stay strong and hydrated my friends
Happened to me about 6 weeks ago. Funny, I didn't notice until I came in. Then wham! Shit's nasty. Nausea , spins, cold sweats, numbness, headache. Then the puking started about 1/2 hour into it. Told the wife" if this doesn't clear up soon.. we're taking "the ride" . Actually went back outside for the barf extravaganza. . Regurgitated all the water ( and previous white russians ) After the puking though, slowly started to get better. Told the doctor about it a few weeks later on a routine checkup. Says it was a mild heat stroke attack / onset. This weekend the wife and I were out in the morning. But for the rest of the weekend, we spent mostly inside.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Fear of getting the “silver bullet” from the corpsman while in the Marines has taught me to stay hydrated.
Guess that's easier and more of a "lesson" then hanging an IV. Maybe when you guys hydrate your'e working from the wrong direction. We do it top down, the marines do it bottoms up!!

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I cut the lawn yesterday afternoon and almost landed myself in the ER too. I figured sun was down a little bit and it was warm but not super hot. Boy was I wrong. Luckily, I stopped myself before it got worse than I already was feeling. I managed to get in the house to the AC and drank 3 big glasses of water and a cold rag on my head and neck. This was a big lesson learned since I’ve never had this happen to me.

Nick what did they do for you in the ER? I don’t get down there enough to see how it’s treated. IV fluids? And water? Obviously, the hospitals have AC too.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
Yeah man went through 2 IV bags and also needed potassium pills because my potassium levels dropped, i was there for about 5 hours fml