0   0   0
Fuente Anejo 48 = $22
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Masterpiece = $35
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story = $14,30
Opus X Double Corona = $50,30 (!!!)

PSD4 = $7,24
Montecristo A = $23
Cohiba Siglo VI = $18,50

These are the prices I pay approximately.
As you can see, the prices are outrageous for NC's here in Europe.
Rather have 2 PSD4's than a Short Story.
Wow! I had no idea they were that high. I guess online sales to Europe are brisk.

BTW, I just bought a box of PSD4s(AGL NOV 06) and they are smoking damn fine. I didn't know they had a really bad sick period. I did know they have a recent rep for being very good without additional age, though. I also read it was the most popular robusto in the world!

When is this sick period?

Steve

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Wow! I had no idea they were that high. I guess online sales to Europe are brisk.

BTW, I just bought a box of PSD4s(AGL NOV 06) and they are smoking damn fine. I didn't know they had a really bad sick period. I did know they have a recent rep for being very good without additional age, though. I also read it was the most popular robusto in the world!

When is this sick period?

Steve
Rumor has it. . .:wink:. . .that it usually seems to start somewhere between 6 and 12 months. It does NOT ALWAYS happen, but it is probably reported more frequently among PSD4's than any other smoke. It can last another 6 - 12 months, then, as you said, they smoke "damn fine". . .:stretchgr. . .Consider the sick period as additional aging. . .:smokingbo

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Fuente Anejo 48 = $22
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Masterpiece = $35
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story = $14,30
Opus X Double Corona = $50,30 (!!!)

PSD4 = $7,24
Montecristo A = $23
Cohiba Siglo VI = $18,50

These are the prices I pay approximately.
As you can see, the prices are outrageous for NC's here in Europe.
Rather have 2 PSD4's than a Short Story.
I'm not sure why the duty/tariffs are so much higher for the fringe tobacco countries while Cuba remains by and large the most predominate seller. It might have to do with grandfather clauses setup way back when.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is the prices posted for the NCs are from Germany, the best prices in Europe!

But to be fair, the prices for Cubans are Duty Free.

Problem is that Duty Free NCs are non-existent!

In all fairness, here are the prices for the Cubans from the same site as the NCs:

PSD4 = $11,70 ($7,24)
Montecristo A = $53,80 ($23)
Cohiba Siglo VI = $29 ($18,50)

But the reality is that the prices I posted are the prices I buy them for so as you can see it's very expensive for me to buy premium NCs...