What's new

Pulled over while carrying?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am keeping my fingers crossed that IL will allow us to conceal carry!!!
My fingers are crossed as well. It would be nice to finally have the state of Illinois fully recognize the 2nd amendment. Although in such a liberal state I am sure when and if they do allow conceal carry it will be a near impossible permit to acquire as well as an expensive one.

Coop

Fight
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will sell a kidney to pay for it!!! I work in a part of the city that has a gang problem. Then I drive through the Westside to get home!!!

Cheeseburger

nom nom nom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got pulled over once coming home from my parents. It was about 1am and I saw 3 cop cars in the area. I think they were looking for someone. I passed a cop head on and they made a U turn. Which was weird cuz I passed another that was behind me on a side street. So she pulls me over and said I was speeding, which I wasn't even at 40 in a 35, but whatever. I knew I was going to get off cuz I had a feeling they were trying to stop anyone they could to find who they were looking for.

Before they even got to my window I had my papers and permit in hand and hands on the wheel and window down. Told her I had a firearm in the glovebox and she looked at another cop that was on my other side of the car, which was the other cop I passed and told him I had a firearm. She just said thanks for telling her and showing her my permit. She came back and just said to slow down and said thanks again for telling her I had a firearm.

That was that, no issues what so ever.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I really think its all comes down to the individual bias's of the officers towards this issue. I have not had an encounter with a LEO while I had a weapon in my vehicle, but here in Texas most police assume that citizens are armed to be on the safe side. Officers are humans too, and the more comfortable you make them feel, the better they will treat you in return

Coop

Fight
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably not a good thing acting all crazy, or jumping out of the car and running....

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I got pulled over for an expired inspection sticker. I totally forgot to tell him about my CHL because I rarely actually carry, just keep it in the truck. The DPS issues the CHL's so he already knew I had one when he pulled me over. Anyway, instead of saying something like "aren't you forgetting something", he asked that I step out, led me over to his car, cuffed me on the hood, shoved me in the back seat and locked his car while he went through my truck. Finally, he came back to his car with a small bottle that I keep some Advil and spare BP pills in. He asked about the little yellow pills and acted like he didn't believe me. Finally another officer arrived, they talked and after one more scolding that he could have my CHL suspended, never to have one again, he let me go with a ticket. I must admit, I should have shown him the CHL along with my DL, but wow, that seemed a little excessive.
A little excessive for sure... damn little yellow pills??

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it comes down to whats going on at that point in time. Skill and experience of the officer. I have been stooped and always hand my papers over. Mil id Drivers licence and CCW. When I hand it to them I tell them if I am armed and where it is. The only time the seem to react is if its on your person. They are the ones in danger so whatever I can do to show that I am trying to make it easy on them I will.

I guess the second part is how many CCW get pulled over and still get a ticket? Not a once for me.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Got pulled over at 2:30am the other day on the way back from Hangover II going 57 in a 40. The officer was glad I gave her my permit and didn't care that I had a gun on me, just asked me to keep my hands away from my hip. Gave me a 0 point ticket for $25 for going 1-4 over the limit, which seemed reasonable. I bet I would have gotten a much bigger ticket had I chosen not to tell her about the guns (which is perfectly legal here in CO).