What's new

Purchased my first wineador

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Not saying any answer in here has been wrong, but if it were me, I'd take out both the water pillows and the beads, and just leave in the dishes of DW. In my opinion, you want a higher amount of humidity in there to charge up the wood. The beads will start to absorb the humidity and bring it to a lower level. Maybe the pillows too? Either way will eventually get the job done, though a lower humidity level may take longer.
Water pillows don't absorb the humidity. They're a one way system. They are essentially the same as putting distilled water in a smaller more contained unit.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Water pillows don't absorb the humidity. They're a one way system. They are essentially the same as putting distilled water in a smaller more contained unit.
Ok. I'll take your word on that. I have absolutely no experience with them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again guys. I have pulled everything except for Tupperware of DW. I've added 2 sponges to 2 on the Tupperware containers. Also, I have wiped the shelves again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I am currently trying to recharge my dead boveda bags at the same time learned that trick here yesterday! Hope it works

konmtu

CRA #100012823
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Also, I am currently trying to recharge my dead boveda bags at the same time learned that trick here yesterday! Hope it works

It works. I used an empty tupperware and two shot glasses of DW with the paper towel fans. The Bovedas were full after only a week.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I would assume you hygrometers need recalibrated. 9% difference in 8" seems excessive.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume you hygrometers need recalibrated. 9% difference in 8" seems excessive.
I just calibrated them and it's worse than that. The xikar is 1 high, so humidity there is actually 66 and the other one is 3 low, so it's actually 79 there. I am ordering a couple of pc fans next week.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
fans re not really needed, especially if you are using the cooling feature of the wino. nice to have? yes, but imho not really needed. im betting that the shelves/drawers are not really seasoned. keep your stuff in there, along with your hygrometers and the bowl of DW... the levels will start to normalize.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fans re not really needed, especially if you are using the cooling feature of the wino. nice to have? yes, but imho not really needed. im betting that the shelves/drawers are not really seasoned. keep your stuff in there, along with your hygrometers and the bowl of DW... the levels will start to normalize.
Thanks. I am waiting for it to equalize before putting my good sticks in.